Quantcast

Will Evil make more ImperialSL?

supros88

Chimp
Feb 12, 2004
Australia
Hi, I am after a ImperialSL & was just wondering if anyone knows if/when they will make another batch?

I don't mind whaiting even if it is 6 months or a year.

Any help would be greatly appreshated

ufdff15

Monkey
Apr 13, 2004
Central Massachusetts
Last I heard they were using up the rest of the materials for the DOC's and Sovereigns before the made another batch of Imperials, I'm not sure on the SL's. I know seth was building a soveriegn as a trails bike at the beginning of the summer and was still using the SL as his park bike but that could have changed.

supros88

Chimp
Feb 12, 2004
Australia
Yes I have emailed them, but I havent got a reply yet.

I have had a couple of Imperials over the years & whilst I love them to deth & will never sell my current one, I want the steeper seat tube angle of the SL for longer rides.

The reason that I need to know quickely is because I am considering buying one 2nd hand, but it is not in the best condition so this is a last resort, but if they are going to do another production run I'd much rather get a new one.

Cheers.........Ari

don

Turbo Monkey
Nov 8, 2001
Rumson, NJ
While the Evil SL has some dialed geometry, I would watch out for those twin top tubes. They can look pretty cool, but I smacked my knee on them which wouldn't have happend on a normal round tube. If you are intent on an Evil (which do make nice 26" bikes), I'd see if the Sovereign geometry would work for you.

ufdff15

Monkey
Apr 13, 2004
Central Massachusetts
I agree with don on both parts, The twin TT does hurt the old knees and the sovereign does make one hell of a DJ/park bike. The SL is a very nice bike though, it the only evil frame I have yet to own.

supros88

Chimp
Feb 12, 2004
Australia
Thanks for the advice, having owned two Imperials I know what you mean about the twin top tubes, but I have longed for a SL for two years now, so I am willing to put up with brused knees.

don

Turbo Monkey
Nov 8, 2001
Rumson, NJ
I would think if the 2nd hand one is still available go that route. They seem almost overbuilt and the only reason not to buy a used Evil would be for a crack or a dent. You could always just have it re-powdercoated if the condition isn't great cosmetically.

If no SL's are available you might be able to have the seat post cutout and rewelded in. One good thing with the twin top tubes on the Imperials is the seatpost is independent of the top tube and seatstays. I would only go this route if you could find a very good aluminum welder/fabricator and didn't care about the warranty.