Quantcast

Will I smash IT?

Iridemtb

Turbo Monkey
Feb 2, 2007
Ok, so basically I'm making a small video with some DH and some street.

Anyways, for one quick scene, I want to bunny hop onto and over my car, like RAD.

Think my windshield will smash?

http://img78.imageshack.us/img78/8648/carrryr1.jpg

My car is this exact one, with the exception of blue chipped paint, a dented bumper, and a little rust.

Thanks guys.

MTBracer

Monkey
Nov 19, 2007
Massachusetts
I think it would. Depending on your weight of course. if you're sub-120lb you might get away with it but I wouldn't try it. If you think about it, all of your weight will be focused on one point where the tire hits the glass, and that's a lot of stress on the windshield. i doubt that glass will hold. But, that's just my opinion. Hope I help :)

ThePriceSeliger

Mushhead
Mar 31, 2004
Denver, Colorado
Should be fine. Do it as smooth as possible and you will be fine. If not, a new windshield never hurts, except the whole $$$ thing. But think of it this way, either way it turns out, the video will be badass. Make sure to have a few angles of you doing it.

A Grove

Monkey
Nov 20, 2007
State College, PA
I ride observed trials and have often ridden over cars w/ windshields just fine with not breakage, etc. This is with me (190-200) and my bike (175ish).

You'll be alright.

Iridemtb

Turbo Monkey
Feb 2, 2007
Haha, ok, I'm only 135, and my bike is 30lbs. But it is an old car, so that means older glass, and there's a crack in the top corner like this but 2 inches longer:

http://www.my-chevy-venture.com/p08.jpg

I really wanna do this because I think it would look awesome, and I have an old crappy car while I'm at it. But at 17, at like 200-300 for a new windshield... it doesn't look all that cool anymore.

pHeller

Monkey
Nov 5, 2007
I was thinking you were gonna like...bunny hop over your car as it was rolling towards you...if that were the case I'd be like "hell ya, do it!", but since your just doing two bunny hops onto and off of...i'd say not worth it.

GMDesigns

Chimp
Sep 27, 2006
OH
This reminds me of a funny story;
BITD (circa 1983) about 20 of us used to ride around in a pack. After riding trails and whatnot we'd cruise over by the mall.
There was a Burger Joint who's manager drove a Corvette (78-82ish). We would ride in a line and bunnyhop onto the hood, up over the roof, and off the back (no deck spoiler). He'd get so p*ssed and call the cops every time.
We did that all summer.

Ah, those were the days.

I say go for it. It'll make for a great story some day!

GM