Quantcast

will my bottom bracket fit my crankset?

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
MtnBikerChk said:
they're not!

oh wait... maybe they are - anyone know?
They must be square tapered.. Race Face didn't make a set of cranks in Octalink (which is Shimano's splined system), and Shimano didn't make a bottom bracket in ISIS (which is what Race Face and the rest of the world uses for splines).

So, definitly (edit: let me qualify, I'm very confident they're square tapered, I probably shouldn't say "definitly" since I haven't seen them in person) square tapered, and you can use any square tapered bottom bracket. It won't fit your ES51 because the ES51 bottom bracket uses the Octalink splined setup.

Square tapered BBs can be had for not much money though. Heck, here's an XT level bottom bracket for less than $20:
Click!

binary visions said:
They must be square tapered.. Race Face didn't make a set of cranks in Octalink (which is Shimano's splined system), and Shimano didn't make a bottom bracket in ISIS (which is what Race Face and the rest of the world uses for splines).

So, definitly (edit: let me qualify, I'm very confident they're square tapered, I probably shouldn't say "definitly" since I haven't seen them in person) square tapered, and you can use any square tapered bottom bracket. It won't fit your ES51 because the ES51 bottom bracket uses the Octalink splined setup.

Square tapered BBs can be had for not much money though. Heck, here's an XT level bottom bracket for less than $20:
Click!