Quantcast

Wilsons This Saturday 27th

JeffKill

Monkey
Jun 21, 2006
Charlotte, NC
Jeff or John, you think this can happen for him? Can we do Raspberry, Greentown, and Bee Hive in 2.5 hours? I think it wouldn't be a problem in that amount of time.
I wouldnt count on it. I know that I would really have to bust ass on the climbs in order to do that in 2 1/2 hours. And Im really not about busting my ass on the climbs. I pretty much just take my time and get them done.

Im sure the loop CAN be done in 2 1/2 hours. But we're gonna have a pretty big group, and you know how that goes........

drkenan

anti-dentite
Oct 1, 2006
west asheville
2 weeks ago when we did this same ride it took around 4.5 hrs. I'd say if you could extend your deadline until 4 then you could make it but otherwise it would be a huge gamble. Also, you'd probably have to pull ahead of the group on beehive. See if you can get a 2 hour extension.

But I have to warn you if Moffat comes we probably won't start until about 1:30 :poster_oops:

JohnBoy

Monkey
Jan 15, 2007
Kenan, 4.5 hours? I dont think it took that long. We did wait like an hour, for Ethan to make it back after going back for his dad. The climbs out take anywhere from 30min to 45min, and thats even my slow ass, Im usually on the 45min side, so if it took you that long on the climbs being slow it would be 1.5 hours just climbing so theres no way it would take 3 hours just to ride the 3 trails. I would say we could be at the bottom of Beehive by 1 / 1:30 latest. Just my opinion.

drkenan

anti-dentite
Oct 1, 2006
west asheville
I'm pretty sure it was 2:30 when we got out last time. It was definitely close. You're right...we did have to wait like 30 min for Ethan but aside from that I think it will be close. Or maybe I'm just confused and it was 2:30 after we rode Headley. Either way it was awhile.

JohnBoy

Monkey
Jan 15, 2007
I think we were ready to ride Headley around 2:30, and that is with the long wait we had 1/2 way through Rasberry. And we waited for people who werent on time. If he left his car at the bottom of Beehive I think he could be back out like I said by 1 to 1:30. But 12:30, most likely aint gonna happen.

JohnBoy

Monkey
Jan 15, 2007
Ohhhhhhhh its on now, dems fightin' words, I'll see your punk ass tomorrow morning.:eek: < thats you when you see me.

MTB_Rob_NC

What do I have to do to get you in this car TODAY?
Nov 15, 2002
Charlotte, NC
I am on Johnboy's side. The 2 climbs alone took 1:30 of pedal time. That doesn't count the 15 minutes it took to cross the river at the bottom of Greentown, taking off pads, safety check, pictures in the snow etc etc.