Quantcast

Windham World Cup Finals - Live Thread

illnotsick

Monkey
Jun 3, 2009
Part of being a world cup winner is riding right on the line, not over it. You can be the fastest guy on the mountain by 10 seconds, but you won't be on top of the podium if you push too far. I vaguely remember that happening to someone a few years ago. Cant seem to recall.... :D

weedkilla

Monkey
Jul 6, 2008
After watching the mtbcut video 2 things stand out as to why DH is a great sport. Firstly Gee giving the bird at the camera off the lift - this year in Aus a prominent footballer gave the bird to a camera man and this was debated in the media for over a week as to ow he should be punished for his terrible actions, cue screams of "Will someone think of the children". In dh no-one gives a toss. Secondly Minaar commenting on how he didn't dislocate his elbow too badly its just causing a bit of pain, he's fine! Is that guy the toughest bloke to ever grow legs? How many times has he ridden with injuries that would put most of us out and still ridden at the pointy end of the field? Absolutely amazing.

ZoRo

Turbo Monkey
Sep 28, 2004
MTL
Graves won 4x by a couple bike lenghts. Finals was spectacular, with the Boost trying an early inside move and getting bucked afterwards. Prokop getting Slavik on the pro line.

Good race !

primo661

Monkey
Jun 16, 2008
Pietermaritzburg, South Africa
I can't believe how small this thread is, normally ridemonkey explodes when theres a world cup on and I'd expected it to go mad seeing as its the first US one in years!!
I was wondering the same thing. What happened to the fanboys who talk about, obsess over and get worked up about anything and everything?:rofl: I mean, I know I'm still here, it feels like I've racked up about 10% of all my posts in this thread already. I'm hoping all my partners in crime will come crawling out the woodwork in the next few hours:)

And on a side note, I hate all you Americans for that stupid time zone you live in! I know I'm spoilt normally but waiting until sunday night to watch finals is depressing.:wait:

trib

not worthy of a Rux.
Jun 22, 2009
super anxious to see who wins this. The dirt TV gee vs greg video seems to have people on both sides of the fence. Hopefully it will still be close and Greggs injury doesnt hold him back

mgy

Monkey
Apr 4, 2002
Morrison
Practice just ended. This is getting exciting. Peaty could well win today and his second world championship next weekend. Gwin could also win two weekends in a row and nobody seems to truly know how Hill is feeling. Then there is Minnaar and Gee, 4 points apart, who is going to perform better under pressure? My money is on Minnaar.

1. Gwin
2. Peaty
3. Minnaar
4. Beaumont
5. Gee

mgy

Monkey
Apr 4, 2002
Morrison
Junior action is tight too. Lewis Buchanan (Great Britain) was fastest jr. qualifier with a 2:42:85, New Zealander George Brannigan was 2nd fastest jr. qualifier with a 2:48.25, Aussie Troy Brosnan was 3rd fastest with 2:49.81 and the kid I am coaching, USA's Mitch Ropelato was 4th with 2:51.56. Mitch fell in his qualifier and feels he can go 2:41-:42, don't know how the others went. I am excited! This is going to be some tight racing!

mgy

Monkey
Apr 4, 2002
Morrison
other than a few springs in the track the track is either dry or tacky depending on the amount of sunlight each part gets. Heading up with Mitch in a few minutes!

mattmatt86

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2005
Bleedmore, Murderland
Every time they show one of the high speed camera sections there is a fat guy in a green shirt sitting at a picnic table by himself (probably eating a cheeseburger). Perfect representation of 'mericans :rolleyes:

ZoRo

Turbo Monkey
Sep 28, 2004
MTL
Every time they show one of the high speed camera sections there is a fat guy in a green shirt sitting at a picnic table by himself (probably eating a cheeseburger). Perfect representation of 'mericans :rolleyes:
:D Thought exaclty the same thing!!

mccdh

Monkey
Sep 9, 2008
Comox
Holy love of god...Damien Spagnolo is lucky to be alive.
wow....

Not trying to rag on the organizers but would it have been possible to get a better 'hot seat'. Just my opinion that the bean bag chair on the decking doesn't really spell out professional world cup level.