Quantcast

Windrock thanksgiving weekend

Jul 9, 2007
Hey guys, I'll be near Windrock from Wednesday to Sunday around Thanksgiving. I know a few guys mentioned previously that they would be riding that weekend. I'd love to get a couple of days of riding in but I wanted to see what days other people were going to be there. I'd be more than happy to pitch in a few dollars to get in on some shuttles. Alternatively I could possibly provide a shuttle vehicle (quad-cab pickup, so could carry a few guys/bikes) but I'm not 100% sure about that.

Adam

CLos

Chimp
Jan 28, 2007
3 of us were there this past weekend. Weather was great but the trails were very thick with leaves. Some spots were harder to ride then when it rains. Besides that though it was great. Would love to come back but will have to wait for I40 to open up coming from NC. It just takes too long with the re-route. Been a year since the last trip and all of the new sections (gaps especially) are awsome. Great place to ride.:thumb:

Jul 9, 2007
I couldn't shuttle on Thursday as I don't think my grandmother would be too happy if I came to visit on turkey day and went biking instead...haha.

As far as the leafy trails are concerned, I'd be more than happy to pitch in a few hours one day to do some raking. If people are interested in doing that one day I could bring a couple of good leaf rakes along.

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
The leaves are are still on the trails for a purpose. They protect the trail from water run-off during the winter, which can be our rainiest season. Riding in leaves is fun.

Please don't rake or clear leaves without permission from the WR local crew.

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
3 of us were there this past weekend. Weather was great but the trails were very thick with leaves. Some spots were harder to ride then when it rains. Besides that though it was great. Would love to come back but will have to wait for I40 to open up coming from NC. It just takes too long with the re-route. Been a year since the last trip and all of the new sections (gaps especially) are awsome. Great place to ride.:thumb:
FYI, Taking I26 to the Marshall/Hot Springs exit and then on over toward Newport is the quickest way. And it's a pretty high speed route and quicker than I26 to I81. What way did you take?

Jul 9, 2007
The leaves are are still on the trails for a purpose. They protect the trail from water run-off during the winter, which can be our rainiest season. Riding in leaves is fun.

Please don't rake or clear leaves without permission from the WR local crew.
Sounds good. If clearing leaves is frowned upon by the locals then I'll ride on leaves. No problems with that here.

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
Unfortunately the winter around here is a lot of rain. And with the leaves off, we found that the trails eroded a lot. When we have left the leaves on, we found that the trails were in better shape and even repaired themselves some what when we leaf blew them in the spring.

Like I said, riding on leaves can be fun. Just use a lot of rear brake and slide around. :D

Jul 9, 2007
Hope everyone is having a happy turkey day. Just wanted to check in and see what time people were planning on arriving. I'm probably going to get there 930 or so.
looks like the possible showers for this weekend have been removed from the forecast. Still seems pretty cold and windy but thats not a problem so I hope to see some of you guys out tomorrow!