Quantcast

Windrock this weekend?

rocklobster

Monkey
Apr 3, 2011
Its a little of both, 17 mile XC ride, 9 mile whitewater paddle, 8 mile run. should be a hell of a race! I should have plenty of energy left for WR sunday.

motobutane

Monkey
Apr 27, 2010
WNC
Hey Butane please ride the old windmill trail as it needs some more tracks on it. That would be the left after the point drop feature
??????? I thought it was toooo the right:confused: isn't it the one Doug built a new wooden bridge on near the end?

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
Yes, its to the right. Not left. Loo is not the sharpest knife in the drawer. He probably is not sleeping well.

Josh, you can't make it on Sunday?

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
As of last Saturday, all of the trees were cleared. For the most part, its ready to ride. Of course a few of the trails could be weedeated but its not dire.

motobutane

Monkey
Apr 27, 2010
WNC
As of last Saturday, all of the trees were cleared. For the most part, its ready to ride. Of course a few of the trails could be weedeated but its not dire.
Everything looked great except... down middle finger and turn left before the two gaps, turn left down the old road bed and stay right and go to the bottom of the old road bed and the trail that goes in from there has a tree down that needs a chainsaw:confused:

Brett making the Baulz move at the end of ( Hey LOO) Old Windmill look easy

Last edited:

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
Everything looked great except... down middle finger and turn left before the two gaps, turn left down the old road bed and stay right and go to the bottom of the old road bed and the trail that goes in from there has a tree down that needs a chainsaw:confused:
Ok that is an entrance to Twisted.... I think. :think:

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
Hmm....looks amazingly tame on video.
That finish was the result of trail building burn out. After a long winter of XC trail building we got a late start on the DH trails. By the time I got to this section I was ready to put up the tools and sort of just threw that together. I think the trail will stay on the ridge further instead of dropping to the left here. We'll see where I can get next winter.