Quantcast

Windrock this weekend?

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
Not that I know of, but there will be some out on Saturday. I'll be in ATL for a wedding. If shuttling falls through, ride the XC trails.

milohead

Monkey
Dec 9, 2008
Johnson City, Tn
Did you take off in third? I would show you how to ride but I don't have a bike, the money, boots, bike ramp for my truck, the wifes permission, or much of anything else.:)
Good stuff man, looks fun

d.tate

Judge Dread
May 22, 2007
There will be four of us riding at Windrock this weekend (Dec. 3-4). Anyone else planning on going?

rocklobster

Monkey
Apr 3, 2011
I'll be there but my bike is still tore up so I'll be hiking around up top but could drive for a couple runs if yall got a truck.

d.tate

Judge Dread
May 22, 2007
Sounds great. We will be getting there around noon on Saturday and we will keep a lookout for you.

d.tate

Judge Dread
May 22, 2007
Yes, 3 of us will be riding on Sunday as well. Probably till 2 or 3 since I have about a 6 hour drive home. We rode about a month ago and the leaves were pretty bad. Hopefully they have been packed in a little better or even better yet raked.

motobutane

Monkey
Apr 27, 2010
WNC
Yes, 3 of us will be riding on Sunday as well. Probably till 2 or 3 since I have about a 6 hour drive home. We rode about a month ago and the leaves were pretty bad. Hopefully they have been packed in a little better or even better yet raked.
your in for a treat then! unless all this rain this week undid all the did that got done.
Ah yeah a little undone. Tree down on Middle finger right in the blind spot on the first of the two doubles before the road gap. We didn't have a chainsaw so we put up a couple of sticks/logs to slow riders down to hopefully avoid a injury. Snake - trail#1 and windmill look great.

d.tate

Judge Dread
May 22, 2007
Riding this weekend was great. It was 60 and sunny on Saturday and 60 and overcast on Sunday. The trails were in great shape. We did notice that tree down on middle finger, thanks for the warning, that could have been ugly. We still rode middle finger a few times, we just hiked over the tree. A big thanks to Alex for shuttling us on Sunday. We had 4 of us Saturday, but only 3 could ride Sunday. The Windmill trail was not raked but it was still much better than a month ago. Hopefully we will get back there next month sometime. That was only my second trip there and I am kicking myself for not having ridden there more. That place is great!

motobutane

Monkey
Apr 27, 2010
WNC
Riding this weekend was great. It was 60 and sunny on Saturday and 60 and overcast on Sunday. The trails were in great shape. We did notice that tree down on middle finger, thanks for the warning, that could have been ugly. We still rode middle finger a few times, we just hiked over the tree. A big thanks to Alex for shuttling us on Sunday. We had 4 of us Saturday, but only 3 could ride Sunday. The Windmill trail was not raked but it was still much better than a month ago. Hopefully we will get back there next month sometime. That was only my second trip there and I am kicking myself for not having ridden there more. That place is great!
Old Windmill has tons of leaves on it........but I think I like it better that way and actually rode it better not knowing what was under the leaves:banana: