Quantcast

Windrock Work Day

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
We are planning a work day for Sept. the 29th at Windrock. The trails need some weed-eating, leaf-blowing and general maintainence.

When: Sept. 29th -- 9:00am till whenever
Where: Windrock parking lot
What: Work day
Who: Anyone

We could use some weed-eaters, leaf-blowers, pruning shears, rakes, shovels, mattocks and chainsaws.

Bring your bike and ride after.

theg1ant

Monkey
Oct 20, 2006
Atlanta
hmmmmm. Homecoming? Windrock? homecoming? Windrock?

Windrock.

Ill see if i can make it up. This would be a good opportunity to learn the trails

spoke80

Turbo Monkey
Nov 12, 2001
Are you sure you guys know have the skills to operate that equipment?
You know like.....bow hunting skills, nunchuck skills, computer hacking skills......
Some how we'll get by
But I have a customer support number if we need on site consultation.:cheers:

dhbuilder

jingoistic xenophobe
Aug 10, 2005
We are in desperate need of a good dictator. Can you boss people around and ignore the ideas of others? :bonk:
or better yet, bury your nose up someones ass till it's just the right shade of brown to get what you want, instead of spending years building and earning your end result.

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
care to guess who kept you from getting a moorewood ride ??
Boo hoo....poor me. I'm gonna cry Joey. You're trying make me and Doug hate one another. :busted: You think I care about that?:lighten:

I got one for you:
Guess who kept everybody from building what they want to ride when and where they want to build it?
Guess who tried to single handedly boss every rider in North America around at once?
Guess who never listened to any suggestions or comments and never responded in a positive manner?
Guess who has no control over anything anymore?:clapping:

Now shut up and let's ride since we've got that in common.

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
Boo hoo....poor me. I'm gonna cry Joey. You're trying make me and Doug hate one another. :busted: You think I care about that?:lighten:

I got one for you:
Guess who kept everybody from building what they want to ride when and where they want to build it?
Guess who tried to single handedly boss every rider in North America around at once?
Guess who never listened to any suggestions or comments and never responded in a positive manner?
Guess who has no control over anything anymore?:clapping:

Now shut up and let's ride since we've got that in common.
ding ding :busted:

FCLinder

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2002
Greenville, South Carolina
Wow!!!!!!

PS: Doug all you Dougites will follow you!!!! No worries there. I will try my best to come up and help. All my STIHL toys don't see much action around the house so I will be glad to bring them up to help. I have a Back Pack Blower, Weed Eater, 18' Weed Eater style Chain Saw (Great for the limbs hanging over the trails), and Weed Eater style Hedge Trimmer (Don't really think I need to bring that. I may not have a bike to ride then, but maybe able to grab a friends bike. We will see.

ChrisKring

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2002
Grand Haven, MI
All of this is seriously non-productive. At one point or another, I think everyone here were friends or at least civil to each other. So if you would not say it in person to someone, please don't post it.

ChrisKring

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2002
Grand Haven, MI
Hope your not talking about the Dougites thing? It is an inside joke that Doug would laugh at.
No, I am talking about:

Doug starts the post to get help with trail maintance - Good

various other post

Doug takes a slight shot at Joey.

Butch chimes in

Joey takes a direct shot at both of them

Butch gets out a sledge hammer and beats Joey

Now I doubt any of that would have went down face to face on the hill. I like to hang out with all of you guys and I just wish there was a way that everyone would just get along.

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
what's the "dougites" thing?
It has to do with all you being my subjects. :pirate2:

I did take a shot at Joey. I couldn't help it. James is a comedian and I wanted to say something funny with regards to finding him a job to do at Windrock.

However, Cecil we have a serious need for your over the trail trimmer. There is one particular vine that needs removing.

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001

Now I doubt any of that would have went down face to face on the hill. I like to hang out with all of you guys and I just wish there was a way that everyone would just get along.
You mean like:
"Hey Chris, where's your special pass? I don't see a special pass on your bike?"
"Butch...you gotta be kidding me right?"

:rofl:

Ahhh hhaaa....you squirmed so hard. Thought I was gonna call you out of line, didn't you. :D

I don't use a sledgehammer Chris. There are always moments of uncomfortable silence where everyone is thinking the same thing, but no one wants to draw attention to themselves and call something out or confront someone. Carlos Mencia makes a living out of it. I don't charge for the service. "Sure...I said it. but you were THINKIN' IT!" :think:

Me, I'm perfectly comfortable being honest and forthright. If it's BS...I call it. If I pull something BS...call me on it.

Living in an uncomfortable silence or dodging issues is crap. Air it out. Get it out in the open. Get on with life. :thumb:

PEACE

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Ah man, but I have been practicing my bike to Tarzan swing transfer.
Ha, that vine knocked the hell out of me the last time I was there.
You should have been there the day Mike Mooney came into ProBikes to warranty a pair of Shimano shoes. The sole and cleat were stilla ttached to his pedal, but the shoe was on his foot.

He jumped a double at Wayehutta and a limb grabbed him so hard that his bike kept going and ripped the soles of his shoes right off.

spoke80

Turbo Monkey
Nov 12, 2001
I rode...in the dark....by myself...and when I got back to my truck...I was still alone...