Quantcast

wingtergreen info and vids

pntballpunk51

Monkey
Aug 15, 2004
clifton *CPT REPRESENT*
Does anyone have any pics or vids of wintergreen? I'm heading up there on June 4th with three of my friends and we'd like to get an idea of what it's like up there. I just got a brand new Demo 8 Pro so I can't wait to take her up there!! POST YOUR VIDS AND PICS!!!

drt_jumper

Monkey
May 20, 2003
Manassas Va
Im pretty sure Wintergreen still sucks! Have fun riding the super hard and tech DARE CASE!!!lol Either way have fun, hope you are not driving too far for it.

pntballpunk51

Monkey
Aug 15, 2004
clifton *CPT REPRESENT*
Yea, except I can't make it to snowshoe and wintergreen is a lot closer..make sense? Anyways does anyone have any pics of the stunts there or a vid? Thanks.

PS I know the story about what happened there but thats not going to stop me from riding at a resort thats close to me with no other alternatives...If you have any other suggestions for me please tell me.. Does massanutten run a shuttle? Any other resorts less than 3 hours away from northern virginia?

Thanks, and sorry about what happened to those trailbuilders, if i was them I'd go into OOB and talk to all the people in there like everyweekend and tell them the story. That would make OOB lose some business!!

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
there really is no point in posting any of the pics because the stuff there are pics of is gone now.

Nov 3, 2003
Virginia
We rode the park opening day and the trails were in pretty good shape. Most of the erosion problems were fixed, bridges were erected over spots with water run off problems and all the trails had been raked. Last year we rode the opening day and it was in pretty bad shape, it looks like they are really are trying to turn it around. The staff was friendly and asked that if we noticed any issues that required attention to let them know. All in all, it was a good day of riding, and that's what counts. I understand there is some controversy regarding the management of this park, and If I lived a little closer to Snowshoe I would go every weekend, but for a quick day trip to ride my big-hit bike...it's not too bad.

Racer-X

Monkey
Oct 16, 2004
SNOWSHOE
wintergreen sucks.

snowshoe is the best. end of argument. the trade-off for gas money to drive to snowshoe instead of driving to wintergreen is WAY worth it. like basically unexplainable. wintergreen screwed us over,and in doing so,they screwed themselves.

also,if you just got a Demo 8 Pro you'd probably like to know that you can ride the ENTIRE mountain of wintergreen on a heavy duty XC to light freeride bike and have just as much fun,if not more,than you would on a DH bike.

oh yea....wintergreen sucks.

mobius

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Around DC
Don't even bother the people that made wintergreen good have moved their trail building abilities to another place.

Paris

Monkey
Aug 24, 2004
The Commonwealth
yo the wintergreen people need a meeting with Interwest, the company that owns Whistler and Snowshoe and sublets to the dudes that run Diablo up in Jersey...they could use a few lessons on what really makes a resort work for mountain bikers...(try opening more than 25% of the slopes for starters...)

dru

Chimp
Jun 1, 2005
va
I was there the past 2 weekends. It's a little small but a great time. A few good decents, plus a great freeride area. The staff is willing to work with us on the trails.