Quantcast

Winter ain't over!

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
i've only been skiing maybe two times in the past month :( . dang school + broken car...

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Toshi said:
i've only been skiing maybe two times in the past month :( . dang school + broken car...
What did you do to the car?

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
stevew said:
What did you do to the car?
i didn't do anything to it! without apparent provocation it developed some sort of ill-defined electrical gremlin, which has caused the dashboard to light up or not at random, and ultimately has robbed the car of consistent spark, thus its current state. :dead:

COmtbiker12

Turbo Monkey
Dec 17, 2003
Colorado Springs
S.S. I'm planning on hitting up A-Basin well into May-June until the slopes open for DH. :cool: I went to Breck for 3 days last week and it was definitely spring skiing, but a blast nonetheless. Except now I have a sunburn on my face outlining where my goggles were. :p Damn sucky sunscreen...

COmtbiker12

Turbo Monkey
Dec 17, 2003
Colorado Springs
I Are Baboon said:
The early runs (pre-9:00) weren't bad...

Is that already slushy/soft? Fortunately that doesn't occur out here till about 10:30-11:00 (at least for now. :p ) On the spring days it's a blast to get there at 8, get on first lift and just hit up the fresh courduroy for a few hours while nobody else is there. Then ride moguls all day when it's slush and really easy to go hella fast through. :D :cool:

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
COmtbiker12 said:
Is that already slushy/soft? Fortunately that doesn't occur out here till about 10:30-11:00 (at least for now. :p ) On the spring days it's a blast to get there at 8, get on first lift and just hit up the fresh courduroy for a few hours while nobody else is there. Then ride moguls all day when it's slush and really easy to go hella fast through. :D :cool:
First thing in the morning it was pretty hard, but it got soft and slushy by 11:00. Near the base, there were spots that were downright puddles. You'd be skiing along it's lik someone jammed on the brakes.

This picture is a rare spot where no rocks, grass and mud are exposed. Ski season is hanging on by a thread here!

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Morryjg said:
What are you talking about. There was not really a ski season in the NE this year. :rofl:
Well there was enough of a ski seson for me to get 15 days in this year, rather than being one of those people who TALKS about skiing all year and only skis twice if they're lucky. :)

Morryjg

Mr. Ho Jangles
May 9, 2003
Littleton
I Are Baboon said:
Well there was enough of a ski seson for me to get 15 days in this year, rather than being one of those people who TALKS about skiing all year and only skis twice if they're lucky. :)
Awesome! My bro' lives in Vermont and teaches ski class for his sons class. He kept on telling me about classes cancelled due to rain. :dead:

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
I Are Baboon said:
Hey - I've been out 8 times so far. And one this weekend, plus a couple days at the end of the month (Silverton, maybe........). Hopefully I'll be able to pull off these before the snow melts as well:

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
SkaredShtles said:
Hey - I've been out 8 times so far. And one this weekend, plus a couple days at the end of the month (Silverton, maybe........). Hopefully I'll be able to pull off these before the snow melts as well
Hey, MBC and I are heading to Tahoe next February! (flights are booked) I know, I know...Tahoe sucks.

I Are Baboon said:
First thing in the morning it was pretty hard, but it got soft and slushy by 11:00. Near the base, there were spots that were downright puddles. You'd be skiing along it's lik someone jammed on the brakes.

This picture is a rare spot where no rocks, grass and mud are exposed. Ski season is hanging on by a thread here!
don't forget our cousin - the free heeler!

dfinn

Turbo Monkey
Jul 24, 2003
SL, UT
Just an hour ago or so Mammoth broke it's all time record for season snowfall total.

Tahoe's forecasted to get pounded pretty good tonight/tomorrow.

It's even a powder day on the east coast with stowe and jay expecting 12" - 18" by the time their storm is over.