Quantcast

winter riding hate

Nov 5, 2004
hartlepool, uk
i gotta admit being in the uk I hate,
all you people from the US can ride your dirty beautiful trails all year round,
but here in the uk we can ride our dirt for just a few weeks every year,
and thats passed!!
but now its time to rebuild for just them few weeks!
but hell,
you are still riding,

full of hate paul!

dromond

Monkey
Aug 20, 2002
Northampton, MA
Man what are you talking about? To my knowledge it rains and gets chilly in the UK during the winter months. Here in the northeast we get sheets of ice covered in snow covered in yet more sheets of ice. Not to mention subzero temps, frain and the like.

JRogers

talks too much
Mar 19, 2002
Claremont, CA
dromond said:
Man what are you talking about? To my knowledge it rains and gets chilly in the UK during the winter months. Here in the northeast we get sheets of ice covered in snow covered in yet more sheets of ice. Not to mention subzero temps, frain and the like.
Word. Maybe you can ride all the time in southern California or something. Where I live, it doesn't get above freezing a single day for about 1-2 months. It can snow any time in the Oct-May range.

Ifelloffabike

Monkey
Apr 14, 2003
Strong Island Ny
yeah, i dont know if you know this but the US is a pretty big country and there is a large variance in climate across it. Up here in northern NY it drops below freezing in january and doesnt get above it untill mid march, and in the middle of february its usualy under 10f all day long with night time temps at around -20f... and its windy.

so cry me a river about your drizzly winter weather

ThePriceSeliger

Mushhead
Mar 31, 2004
Denver, Colorado
yeah it gets cold here in New Hampshier but im sure you could find a state with nice weather year round and some really nice riding, maybe hawaii, or florida, or socal. But most places right now have snow, but up here in new england we are still waiting for the big downfall

GumbaFish

Turbo Monkey
Oct 5, 2004
Rochester N.Y.
Yeah man NY can get pretty snowy here, which isnt too bad for riding around the road or open areas but once you get dumped on with 4 + feet of snow things start getting a little tricky. I can't say I know how cold it gets in the UK but with all that rain it sounds like a pretty good time to me, riding in rain can be pretty fun untill you realize that your bike isn't going to clean itself. Then again its probably not that great if that is what you get all the time for weather and you can't ever just got and ride a nice firm trail.