Quantcast

wintergreen 10/14 anyone going?

Tattooo

Turbo Monkey
Jun 5, 2005
OV
I might make the trip, but its a condition of economics.

Being in three weddings this month is killing my fun budget.

dan wask

Turbo Monkey
May 11, 2006
B-More Maryland
I'm poor as dirt and my folks are making me pay for gas on the way up, so you should come too :clue:

I say we all meet up at one specific spot so we can shred the trails as one big ridemonkey family.

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
I'm poor as dirt and my folks are making me pay for gas on the way up, so you should come too :clue:

I say we all meet up at one specific spot so we can shred the trails as one big ridemonkey family.
Typically, everyone parks at the top by the lift. Then most people ride down to out of bounds to get the lift pass.

noname

Monkey
Feb 19, 2006
outer limits
sounds tempting...I'll see what I can do to get up there. What time are you going to arrive?
Dan, if I roll up you wanna head up or are you working?

dan wask

Turbo Monkey
May 11, 2006
B-More Maryland
sounds tempting...I'll see what I can do to get up there. What time are you going to arrive?
Dan, if I roll up you wanna head up or are you working?
Me ? I'm definately going. Traffic or not. Now that I know what its like in the rain I don't really care what the weather is like. If I can see I'm riding.

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
Hey, anyone interested in a $15.00 lift pass for 10 bucks? i got it when the lifts weren't running, and I never made it back since. It'll save you 25 bucks...send me PM if interested.

probably to late for this week end, but there's a few weeks left this year.

Tattooo

Turbo Monkey
Jun 5, 2005
OV
I think I am out for this weekend. I have to do my part as a Navy wife on Saturday night, and as it stands I'd get back too late from WG to do so.

you kids have fun, and try not to crack your helmet like I did.

JYETI

Chimp
Dec 14, 2005
Let us all know how you feel about the rock section into the wall ride on the advanced side. It was wet when I was there but could not find a good line through it. Seemed like the wall ride was just too close to really make it. WG is definitely a good time though. We are heading to Diablo or I would be in.

dan wask

Turbo Monkey
May 11, 2006
B-More Maryland
So, how was the ride? sitting here with my wrist in a cast for two months now, I have to ride vicariously through you all
The ride was reallly nice. The trails were in near good condition. A little leafy and hard to see the lines in some places, but over all the trails were nice.

I was really worried I was going to have a terrible day because I flatted before I even got one run in, and I had another flat about 3 runs after that. It really got interesting when my rear brake went out more or less completely and I only had my front one. I was pinnin it to winnin it.

One of the best hits of the day was going to lunch theres some grassy nobs over on the other side of the road that you can huck pretty good, too bad I almost died when my front end washed out in the gravel

My only gripe with wintergreen is most of the stunts have almost no landing. Mindlessfr and I both agreed that all of the stuff is doable, theres just no where to bail to at all. I would have liked to have done the big drops but when my two fallzones are trees and rocks, I siss out a little.