Quantcast

Wintergreen 2005

Apr 29, 2005
There seems to be some confusion regarding the situation for the downhill mountainbiking program at Wintergreen Resort for the 2005 season. Yes, we will be open for the 2005 season. Our "Logger's Alley", the 7 mile trail which goes from the top of the mountain to the bottom, has been maintenenced and is open from 10am-6pm on Friday, Saturday and Sunday and by reservation Monday through Thursday. The trail system serviced by the Acorn chairlift including the "Mecca Freeride Park" is opening Saturday May, 21st. We are in the process of thoroughly removing all the loose rocks on the trails and doing any needed repairs on the stunts. As for any new trails or stunts, we are first focusing our attention on getting the existing trails in prime condition and will decide about new trails and stunts once we are finished with the maintenance.

Chairlift Schedule: Saturday 10am-6pm during May and June (beginning 5/21)
Saturday and Sunday 10am-6pm during July and August
Saturday 10am-6pm during September and October

We are very aware that certain people have strong opinions concerning where they choose to ride in the South-east. It is simply our intent to inform the DH community of our offerings for the 2005 season. For further information, please contact us on the web at outofbounds@wintergreenresort.com, or by phone at 434-325-8505. Thanks for your patronage over the years. We look forward to seeing you this season.

Sep 30, 2004
Arlington VA
I for one am thrilled to see your open to DH! WG is the only place daytripable
from the DC area.Snowshoe is going to be the bomb,but takes a couple days to make it feasible.See you guys this summer!

Jun 4, 2002
Berryville, VA
I don't know if I could ride there knowing that the guys that built most of the trails and stunts got run off the mountain. I do miss it, being so close and all, but man, I don't know, I don't think I could look those guys in the face knowing that I paid money to ride at a place that shafted them. I'll pass this year again. Thanks.

Castle

Turbo Monkey
Jun 10, 2002
VA
The Professor said:
I don't know if I could ride there knowing that the guys that built most of the trails and stunts got run off the mountain. I do miss it, being so close and all, but man, I don't know, I don't think I could look those guys in the face knowing that I paid money to ride at a place that shafted them. I'll pass this year again. Thanks.

Could not have said it any better...

well maybe....

www.ride.snowshoemtn.com

Stiff

Monkey
Sep 24, 2001
Miss Washington DC
Apart from snakily screwing local DHers' sweat equity, WG still lacks. 500' vert and a slow chair, not worth it. Just can't get it on there. For DC residents, WG is 3 hrs and Diablo is 4. SS is 4 hrs as well if you drive fast on that crazy long curvy road. An extra hour or two for double vert is worth it for me.

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
I know that Kalen, Brad and crew were some serious hellions... but they've never given anybody I know the full story of what happened? You don't just get booted from a mountain without doing something?