Quantcast

Wintergreen in 2005?

farrell

Monkey
Aug 24, 2004
DC
any one know if wintergreen will have DH/Freeride in 2005 again. Also any other areas around here going to have anything (aside from snow shoe)?

banche

Monkey
Jul 21, 2003
BANNED FOR LIFE
don't know much of the sh!t green,i mean wintergreen but i just spent the last 4 days walking the woods at snowshoe with shaums march! snowshoe has some really good stuff lined up for everyone this year.but this week we marked the trail for the new jump line dubed the POWERLINE. thats all i'll tell for now,but lets just say WOW!! there will also be at least 4 new trails on the western side.these trails will be mostly natural terrain,but with some bridging.
the freeride side will also be getting some new trails.i'm not sure how many yet, but they will be nice.the mtn.x course is being designed by trevon,and the drawings of what he wants is sick!!
also at snowshoe this year
norba national
bike mag monster park slope style
kona demo days
(mad march) shaums march 3 day camps
mayhem in the mtns.
check out everything on their site castle listed up above

wannabeabonedoc

Turbo Monkey
Apr 19, 2004
Wytheville Virginia
Freeride festival is gonna be awesome. i was really looking forward to the kona demo days too, but I'll be in the bahamas scuba diving....I think I'd rather be at snowshoe.... oh well.

denjen

Certified Lift Whore
Sep 16, 2001
Richmond VA
Wintergreen will be open this year. I just talked to them Thrsday. They are opening Loggers alley next saturday. A couple of us will probably hit it up then if anyone is interested.
I 100% agree with everyone else Snowshoe is the place to go. It is worth the extra drive.

Racer-X

Monkey
Oct 16, 2004
SNOWSHOE
The Professor said:
Aawww, That's too bad. I heard they where the Whistler of the east.
yea....Wintergreen is definitely the Whistler of the East coast.

logger's alley is DA BOMB DIGGITY!

mtbingdude

Chimp
Jan 17, 2005
ya, im heading over to wintergreen the weekend befor school gets out (sometime between june 3rd and 6th), and snowshoe probably late summer. its gona rock.

CHOP

Monkey
Aug 20, 2003
Rivermont, Va
mtbingdude said:
ya, im heading over to wintergreen the weekend befor school gets out (sometime between june 3rd and 6th), and snowshoe probably late summer. its gona rock.
Doubt Wintergreen will rock, but Snowshoe will.......

wannabeabonedoc

Turbo Monkey
Apr 19, 2004
Wytheville Virginia
If the big WG is done with biking, or at least significantly reduces operations, anyone think they'll start selling off their bikes to make some dough? I need a DH bike. Afterall, they'd be discounted after being hucked off the
dare case.... :help:

Paris

Monkey
Aug 24, 2004
The Commonwealth
Racer-X said:
yea....Wintergreen is definitely the Whistler of the East coast.

logger's alley is DA BOMB DIGGITY!
Dude, have u even been to whistler???

i doubt it cause wintergreen can't hold a candle to Diablo.

If anywhere is the little whistler of the east it's Diablo

RECOGNIZE