Quantcast

Wintergreen

overbybars

Chimp
May 12, 2003
I wanted to let all of you know that what has happened over the past 2.5 years is not about Wintergreen. The place and our plans at a static moment are nothing but egg shells. The yolk is you, the core rider, and the connections that we have all developed with the industry during our time at Wintergreen. I don’t think that when Jay Roberts attempted to drag us on with a tentative NO he knew who he was saying NO to. I know that you are reading this Jay, and I want you to understand that dragging us on with a tentative NO does not place the decision to scrap our proposal in our hands. You had the choice for over two years and now you will have nothing because of your decision. The package of people and passion that Brad and I brought to you was a gift that would have only reaped prosperity. Remember this; I know why you said NO and someday so will your peers. Your intentions rang out when you decided that it would be best if Wintergreen handled autonomously the mountain bike program that we, the riders, built. I hope for your sake that you did not make this decision on your own, but instead it was handed down to you from the WPOA. When Snowshoe has its first multimillion dollar season generated from ticket sales alone, people will ask why Wintergreen missed this opportunity. What will you tell them Jay?
To the core riders who are reading, THANK YOU for your loyalty, patience, and above all friendship. Don’t let anger rip you down. Anger is evil and it never rectifies wrong. It only destroys the person wielding it. I can’t tell you how many hours Brad and I put into Wintergreen and loosing Wintergreen should have filled our hearts with anger. But what I know for myself is that I was freed by being able to truly let go of my desires for Wintergreen. For the past two years anger has run my life as a result of mistreatment, and it was going to kill me. Ask Brad, this entire time he has been trying to protect me from myself. Now that the anger is gone my reward, which I hold very close to my heart, is that I have all of you to call my friends. I will not ride at Wintergreen, but I will ride for the rest of my life. I have read all that has been said on Ridemonkey because Brad hounds me every day, and I would like thank you all in person. Matt D, Castle, Banche, Mobius, Dink, VegiBiker, DBR, SirKnight, and all the many others who have shown there support for us through their dedication to a lifestyle not a sport; Thank you.

Castle

Turbo Monkey
Jun 10, 2002
VA
Brian! Thank you for all of your hardwork we all greatly appreciate it.

If it weren't for you and a few others it would've never happened, I got pictures to show what went down and it was a kick ass time!!!!!

thank you for all your effort, and I'll be creating a set of trails and riding park over the next couple of months that will give you and others a Free place to ride, and I'd love to have your ideas and help!

we all gained friends! you guys created that opportunity we also appreciate that as well, I know I do.

because knowing cool people that lead this lifestyle to me is what it's all about.

and to Wintergreen, you people are completely missing the ball game. I guess you can sit back and watch snowshoe and the likes bring in the millions, it's really gonna suck when you are approached with why didn't our Mtn Bike program take off like that? well tell em Jay, say it; Because my dumbass said NO....

mobius

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Around DC
Thanks for everything guys. Your work definetely helped pull me farther into the sport of biking and made me love it not for the sport but the lifestyle and the people i met at wintergreen. I hope to see you guys this season at snowshoe and i hope when snowshoe becomes whistler of the east coast wintergreen cries because they just lost a **** load of money and the chance to be on the map.

ridetoofast

scarred, broken and drunk
Mar 31, 2002
crashing at a trail near you...
you guys got to ride it...i f'ing got hurt both seasons on memorial day...sorta screwed the season :angry:

yeah i would like to be a fly on the wall when Jay has to essplain why they are gettin' spanked by Whistler...er i mean Snowshoe

castle...

post some build dates and ill be happy to come on out and help...ive got a skill saw, sawzall, and a bitchin' 24v cordles dewalt drill that are all itching to get used!!!!

Castle

Turbo Monkey
Jun 10, 2002
VA
Originally posted by ridetoofast
you guys got to ride it...i f'ing got hurt both seasons on memorial day...sorta screwed the season :angry:

yeah i would like to be a fly on the wall when Jay has to essplain why they are gettin' spanked by Whistler...er i mean Snowshoe

castle...

post some build dates and ill be happy to come on out and help...ive got a skill saw, sawzall, and a bitchin' 24v cordles dewalt drill that are all itching to get used!!!!
will do

jncarpenter

Monkey
Apr 1, 2002
lynchburg, VA
..........this whole thing is bummin' me out. Saturdays have been the highpoint the last couple of years & to think that it has all come to a halt with no advance warning:dead: No more monkeys @ the Green.................sooooo sad!:(

banche

Monkey
Jul 21, 2003
BANNED FOR LIFE
to those who plan on boycotting wintergreen i say HELL YEA!!! they had the goose that could lay the goldin egg,and they shot the b!tch right outa the sky!!! we tried for 2 years and the couldn't understand. every year the place was growing. just think, the only real advertizing was done by brian,brad,and myself.think of what we could have,if they would have put forth one ounce of effert!!! what was done was by vol.work,and the word of you great people!!! i would like to thank all who rode last year for becoming my friends,and being so true to the way of life we have chosen. SEE YOU ALL ON THE TRAIL!!!

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
Well, I'd like to thank those of you who built the trail. I have probably ridden with you, and not even known it. Eveyone there was really chill, and it was a great place to get my start in DH. I am now addicted, and am in to the lifestyle more than anything. I was really looking foreward to hitting all the stuff on Mecca that I didnt last year, but because of all the bullsh!t going down about riding there, I guess I wont. Although, I like the outlook you have that it is all for the better, and most of all, KEEP RIDING!

--Mike

Well, it appears that I'll be making the six hour ride more often then I was prepared. I'm not part of the regular attendance crew, but i got to ride with quite a few of you guy (and girls), and you all taught me a lot. I guess am going to have to make some jumps and drop at the "big hill" behind my house(Bethel Landfill in Hampton). The high point is approx. 250ft and it's groomed out nicely. I hope to see you all at Snowshoe.

To John and Adam: I'll pass the word to Wes, I don't think he is aware. I must admit, this post caught me unaware.

Scott B.

wannabeabonedoc

Turbo Monkey
Apr 19, 2004
Wytheville Virginia
I'm new to the whole Wintergreen affair. What went down to make everyone hate it so much? I went up there to apply for a job and found out I'd be working at the P.O.S. bungee cord trampoline thing. Um, no thanks. Fill me in as to what's up.

Matt D

Monkey
Mar 19, 2002
charlottesville, va
Originally posted by wannabeabonedoc
I'm new to the whole Wintergreen affair. What went down to make everyone hate it so much? I went up there to apply for a job and found out I'd be working at the P.O.S. bungee cord trampoline thing. Um, no thanks. Fill me in as to what's up.
There are about 5 threads on it, just search around for them and you'll figure it out.

VA2SLOride

Monkey
Nov 12, 2003
San Luis Obispo, CA
It may pain you to do it, but why don't you exercise that vindictive, vengeful aspect of your person and rip it all down? They screwed you, so why not go 'tradgedy of the commons' on that ass??

"Man...there's nothing like revenge for getting back at someone!!"

-Lenny

Matt D

Monkey
Mar 19, 2002
charlottesville, va
They already tried to arrest one of them for "slander," they'd be in jail so fast they wouldn't know what hit them.

No one is going to go to WG to use it anyway, so what's the point?