Quantcast

Winthrop, how do you get there>?

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
Witness relocation housing
Ok, i know where winthrop is, i was curious what people think about driving there? What HWY's do you take? And how long does it take? Last year we came from tacoma so it was natural to go 90 snoq/97 bluet to wenatchee, then chelan, then finally to winthrop. On a map it loos like thats the slow way, but then again it has much more 80mph freeway.

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
Originally posted by oly
Ok, i know where winthrop is, i was curious what people think about driving there? What HWY's do you take? And how long does it take? Last year we came from tacoma so it was natural to go 90 snoq/97 bluet to wenatchee, then chelan, then finally to winthrop. On a map it loos like thats the slow way, but then again it has much more 80mph freeway.
I think we take the North Cascade HWY to get there, but then I don't even have a clue on how to get that HWY :( Maybe take HWY 2 over Stevens Pass? :confused:

Freak

Aug 15, 2001
Redmond, Washington
From Seattle, I take I-5 north to the Arlington exit hwy 530. Follow hwy 530 all the way to North Cascades Hwy 20, drive to Winthrop.

RhinofromWA

Brevity R Us
Aug 16, 2001
Lynnwood, WA
I run up 1-5 to MT Vernon. Then catch Hwy 20 to Winthrop. I leave late at night so I don't get stuck behind trailers going over 20....then you can go 80mph :)

I don't know that Arlington "short cut" wasn't shorter for me.....:think: I just stick with the main hwy's as I get stuck behind slow trucks on the short cut Freak mentioned.

I am sure if I left early enough I would hate the drive over but at night it is peacefull and you are pretty much alone...'cept a car or three..... The fast cars make a cool conga line. Bump ba badda bump ba, ugh, badda bump ba badda bum......(my lame attempt at typing conga music) :D

DHRacer

The Rev
Oct 8, 2001
If you come by way of Wenatchee, don't go through Chelan, take Hwy 97 north (east side of the river) up past Chelan, up to Pateros, then take Hwy 47(?). it's a straight shot to Winhrop from there. From my house to winthrop ( live at the south end of the wenatchee valley) it takes me about an hour and a half at the most to get there.

I've never driven the North Cascades route, but i know others that do... not sure on how long of a drive that is?

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
Originally posted by oly
Yea, talked to Daniel and he is down with camping. We should make plans to at least caravan over....
Cool.....We live pretty close to Daniel. If you need to put some of your crap in with us we have tons of room. Your still bringin' his dog?

mplutodh1

Monkey
Nov 27, 2002
Sammamish, WA
hwy 20:) I like being in Bham for this drive...

I am counting the days! got the hotel, new hitch on the jeep so I can use my Sportworks rack, bikes dialed in, and convinced the girl to come... its gonna be a fun weekend!

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
Witness relocation housing
Originally posted by Snacks
Cool.....We live pretty close to Daniel. If you need to put some of your crap in with us we have tons of room. Your still bringin' his dog?
Dog at home hopefully. I told him because of the situation with the parking being so far away that he wouldnt have alot of time to go back and forth like spokane.

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
Originally posted by Freak
From Seattle, I take I-5 north to the Arlington exit hwy 530. Follow hwy 530 all the way to North Cascades Hwy 20, drive to Winthrop.
This is the way to do it.
Highway 20 is such a nice drive, you wind up going over two passes, but it's so damn scenic, it definately pays to be a spacin off passenger.

DHRacer

The Rev
Oct 8, 2001
Originally posted by speedbump
Um, that's Highway 153 from Pateros :rolleyes:

I'm looking forward to seeing you all again!:)

whatever! :p

i stand corrected, thank you Dave. :)