Quantcast

Winthrop Roll Call

RhinofromWA

Brevity R Us
Aug 16, 2001
Lynnwood, WA
Hey guys I am going up to watch and take pics on the hill.....who is going to be there?

My shoulder is still a little to tender to DH.

Rhino

crash13

Chimp
Dec 19, 2003
Lake Stevens, WA
i'll be there. i had a blast at spokane and i can't wait for winthrop. i need to get my ass in shape though so i'm not gasping for air halfway down the mountain:D

RhinofromWA

Brevity R Us
Aug 16, 2001
Lynnwood, WA
Originally posted by speedbump
We've got plenty of space inside or out, Rhino. Last night's low was 38. :eek: :D
That aint nothing....bet it was a dry cold. :) Aint nothing like a damp 38......lol :)

I will be there around 9ish....I think.

Rhino

SebringMGB

Monkey
Feb 6, 2004
Washington
ill be there, rokin the MG this time..... how is the parking set up? if its like spokane, ill prolly have to find parking somewhere else.....

RhinofromWA

Brevity R Us
Aug 16, 2001
Lynnwood, WA
Originally posted by SebringMGB
ill be there, rokin the MG this time..... how is the parking set up? if its like spokane, ill prolly have to find parking somewhere else.....
They have a small parking lot at the "base" if you will. They have a large overflow parking lot just far enough away to be annoying. :D

Did you not get to park in teh parking lot at Beacon?

Rhino

SebringMGB

Monkey
Feb 6, 2004
Washington
not a question of being able to find a spot.... i have 1.75 inches between my center silencer and the ground:rolleyes:

so you have to be veeeery carfefull off the pavement. no way in hell i coulda made it into the upper lot at Beacon, the lower lot would be iffy.

mplutodh1

Monkey
Nov 27, 2002
Sammamish, WA
Dude you all are lame! yeah whistler is cool but come on, all ditchin out?!?!? PUNKS! I'll be there, along with a pretty good turn out from the team. Whistler comes after:)

allsk8sno

Turbo Monkey
Jun 6, 2002
Bellingham, WA
Rainbow_smoke and I will be there along with some other WSU riders! looking to camp at the campground mentioned on RR.

Anyone have good directions to it?

joelsman

Turbo Monkey
Feb 1, 2002
B'ham
I'll be there with my girl friend, and we are camping somewhere, hopefully I will have a bike too ride.

mplutodh1

Monkey
Nov 27, 2002
Sammamish, WA
Originally posted by allsk8sno
Rainbow_smoke and I will be there along with some other WSU riders! looking to camp at the campground mentioned on RR.

Anyone have good directions to it?
Big Twin lakes is right to the left of the road before you take a right to head up the hill to the ski area, cant miss it. I think thats the one they are talking about.

SebringMGB

Monkey
Feb 6, 2004
Washington
I did it back in... oh say 95?? back then the course was basically just some dowhill singletrack, 1 or 2 SMALL jumps, and a section of fireroad. needless to say, i did it on a HT cannondale with a manitou 4... and had no problems. im assuming its changed a bit
:D

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
Witness relocation housing
Originally posted by bibs
its a fun course, youll like it...I have car problems and cant make it over there...so Im going to whistler with some friends... :D
There people on the TEAM that would have given you a ride, but since youve got your mind made up.................

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
Originally posted by bibs
actually I just really wanna go to whistler...its fun so Im goin ;)
Im just giving you a hard time because last year when i wanted to skip winthrop for whistler i got nothing but SH!T for it. I ended up giving in to winthrop. I ended up with a crappy race run because of a fall, but still had a great time....even on top of the dumb shuttle system.

Im not riding the island thursday, but am 99% sure ill hit SST. Will you be on the island thursady? Can you stop them by? Or maybe just give nick my DVD's and i can exchange the bike vid i have.......

Originally posted by oly
Im just giving you a hard time because last year when i wanted to skip winthrop for whistler i got nothing but SH!T for it. I ended up giving in to winthrop. I ended up with a crappy race run because of a fall, but still had a great time....even on top of the dumb shuttle system.

Im not riding the island thursday, but am 99% sure ill hit SST. Will you be on the island thursady? Can you stop them by? Or maybe just give nick my DVD's and i can exchange the bike vid i have.......
yea, Ill be on EARLY tomorrow, around 10:30, I have them ...I can do either.....call my cell in the A.M.after 10

MUTOLI

Air Monkey
Mar 14, 2004
PNW
Does any one know if they are providing shuttle trucks this time. Last time was shuttle yourself.....:confused:

The husband and I will be there!

DHRacer

The Rev
Oct 8, 2001
Originally posted by MUTOLI
Does any one know if they are providing shuttle trucks this time. Last time was shuttle yourself.....:confused:

are you talking "last time" in the fall?

The MTB festival is run a little differently since R&R doesn't really "put in on", it's the MVSTA that does, and yes, the shuttling does leave something to be desired.

The WIM race last year had shuttles, and you could shuttle yourself also... should be the same this year.

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
Originally posted by MUTOLI

from what i heard from one of the WIMpeople at spokane....

No self shuttles from the finish area to start area. Youll still have to get from the main lot to the finish area yourself. There will be limited parking mid mountain.

mplutodh1

Monkey
Nov 27, 2002
Sammamish, WA
So where is the course finishing this year? I know DHRacer explained this a while back but I can't seem to remember, do did I really figure out where it was! Are we going to have a long arse walk up that road to the finish line again to catch a shuttle?