Quantcast

Wisp questions

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
Yeah i think it is more racers edge...The place is definately looking like it will improve over this year...They plan to have a new race course for each race along with a full jump line top to bottom like A-Line and a freeride area...

I have to say i got a bit bored this weekend but by the end of the season the place should be rocking, great to have another resort on the ups.

Larson TT y0!

Monkey
Jan 21, 2007
Maryland
Yeah i think it is more racers edge...The place is definately looking like it will improve over this year...They plan to have a new race course for each race along with a full jump line top to bottom like A-Line and a freeride area...

I have to say i got a bit bored this weekend but by the end of the season the place should be rocking, great to have another resort on the ups.
Did Matt go?

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
Rode it yesterday, cleared everything but the last table, probably faster to pedal it in order to get the speed for the double out. Trail sould be super good after a few more treads hit it. Starting to lay out new trails in that section....suggestions welcome.

Were you the guy that came up and told us about it the day you were finishing/ sculpting? If you are crafting that area as a freeride area i would definately make use of the rocks with some really smooth trannys...A banked wall style hit would be amazing as well...

Anything with bridges that flows nicely through drops is a huge plus for me a banked bridge into a drop would be totally rad...I cant wait to come down and ride again...keep up the good work.

theg1ant

Monkey
Oct 20, 2006
Atlanta
Rode it yesterday, cleared everything but the last table, probably faster to pedal it in order to get the speed for the double out. Trail sould be super good after a few more treads hit it. Starting to lay out new trails in that section....suggestions welcome.
Is it like an a-line/tempest jump line or more like a dominion?

yellowrake

Monkey
Jun 15, 2004
Freeland, Md.
For the race this weekend, Both races combined is the Capitol cup, Correct. Which day is the Gravity series race?
The Capital Cup IS the gravity east event. The combined time score is what will be submitted to GE. We will award each DH race seperately and have trophies for the overall. Those unable to compete both days will still be scored for GE and will have the lowest time in the class for their score for whichever day they don't race.

T-Pro

Monkey
Jun 13, 2005
The Capital Cup IS the gravity east event. The combined time score is what will be submitted to GE. We will award each DH race seperately and have trophies for the overall. Those unable to compete both days will still be scored for GE and will have the lowest time in the class for their score for whichever day they don't race.
I should see you there Sunday Mike! Can't wait!

Robusto

Monkey
Is there anyway I could get the registration stuff emailed to me so I could just fill it out and get it signed here?

Me and my friend are driving up Friday morning, and we're not old enough to sign it ourselves. My parents wont be there til late Saturday night.

Thanks.

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
just so everyone knows the dh course looks great, not crazy tech...just fast and flowy like a dh course should be hopefully ill be there racing!

Aug 6, 2006
Denver, CO
today at work I cruised to the top of the hill and snapped a few pictures of the new jump trail. I started at the beginning and walked down the trail as I took them.

I know my camera isn't that great, so I don't wanna hear it.

looking back at the final double out to the slope.

enjoy!

racersdad

Chimp
Jun 25, 2006
Those unable to compete both days will still be scored for GE and will have the lowest time in the class for their score for whichever day they don't race.
Please explain.

Based on my understanding of the English language and the rules of downhill, "the lowest time in the class" is 1) the fastest rider down the mountain; 2) the winner of the race. I seriously doubt that is the score you intend to give a DNS for one of the races.

BTW, you only give the GES scoring machine (who has yet to get beyond the first race) racers' times. It is their job to determine "scores."

yellowrake

Monkey
Jun 15, 2004
Freeland, Md.
Please explain.

Based on my understanding of the English language and the rules of downhill, "the lowest time in the class" is 1) the fastest rider down the mountain; 2) the winner of the race. I seriously doubt that is the score you intend to give a DNS for one of the races.

BTW, you only give the GES scoring machine (who has yet to get beyond the first race) racers' times. It is their job to determine "scores."
Let me re-phrase. Those who do not compete in both will be automatically awarded the lowest score (last place finishers time)
and NOTa DNS. The GES scores will be handled by Todd Seplavy and to my knowledge, this is the way he will treat all DNFs.

So is the course changing from the first race? I rode that line that paul took pictures of and coudnt get any speed through it. I would also have been on the wrong bike for it or dropped in at the wrong place too.

What course are we riding kids...Im anxious to know!

Aug 6, 2006
Denver, CO
the jump line trail I took pictures of will be the top of the saturday course. It's not so hard to keep your speed up if you pedal into it, and get a good flow for the rest, but one mistake will definitely cost you some time, so stay on your toes! The Sunday course will be the trail that was used for the memorial day weekend event by Wisp.

Check out what we found in the Racer's Edge prize bin:

the idea is being thrown around that all class winners from all individual races will be thrown into a raffle for it, excluding pros. So if you're really on your game, you could be entered to win this frame 3 times. Don't hold me to any of this, these are just some ideas that are subject to change, but Mike and Mike want everyone to have a shot at taking this baby home.

corey_rideDC

Turbo Monkey
Sep 1, 2004
DCmetro
http://www.wunderground.com/cgi-bin/findweather/getForecast?query=mchenry,+md

Today
Mostly sunny. Highs around 70. Southeast winds 5 to 10 mph.

Tonight
Partly cloudy. Lows in the lower 50s. South winds around 5 mph.

Saturday
Mostly sunny. Highs in the mid 70s. South winds around 5 mph...becoming west around 5 mph in the afternoon.

Saturday Night
Partly cloudy. Lows in the mid 50s. Northwest winds around 5 mph...becoming west around 5 mph after midnight.

Sunday
Mostly sunny. A chance of showers and thunderstorms in the afternoon. Highs in the upper 70s. West winds 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 30 percent.

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
OK, that was a joke, it's OK, you can laugh....LOL!

I'm certainly going to make a trip to Wisp this year. I was there 4 years ago....seems like a lifetime ago....Lots of fun!