Quantcast

Wisp rollcall for the weekend

Tattooo

Turbo Monkey
Jun 5, 2005
OV
Alright monkies, sound off like ya got a pair if you're going to Wisp this weekend.

Also, anyone know what the route for the DH this weekend is going to be? Any ideas as to the weather? Trying to pick my tires for this weekend before I leave the house.

urbaindk

The Real Dr. Science
Jul 12, 2004
Sleepy Hollar
I like to keep my pair dry so I'll be there only if the rain holds off. I'll probably get there midday Saturday to ride and then race DH Sunday. Unfortunately I don't think I'll be able to make it in time to race DS. We'll be camping at Swallow Falls. Come hunt us down if'n ya feel like it.

Aug 6, 2006
Denver, CO
I'll be there unless some **** goes down before friday. I'll be doing DH and ds. I'd do an xc if they were offering that too.
tattoo, just bring all the tires you own, I've always done that and it pays off sometimes. If you don't have the tire you need, I might be able to hook you up for a low fee.
I'm thinking that this would be a good race to get my feet wet in the expert class, so no one can call me a sandbagger in the ds again.

Tattooo

Turbo Monkey
Jun 5, 2005
OV
I don't mind the rain for the DH, I have the tires for that.
However, I am rain prejudiced after the Sea Otter this year for DS.

Screw it, I love Wisp, so I am going rain or shine. New body armor, new bike set up, I'm ready to ride in my man thong.

Peete

Turbo Monkey
May 5, 2002
just south of the ATL
where is hobby park... what is the course like?
Winston-Salem NC. It's a very fun dual course. The first part is in the woods, then you pop out on a step down. And so on. Nothing huge or scary but a ton of fun. Last year they ran a DH bike class on the DS. That was probably more fun than racing in class. They do a jump contest after the race. It's a good time. If you're interested jump over to the south forum and check it out.

Tattooo

Turbo Monkey
Jun 5, 2005
OV
That wasn't my man-thong, that was my bib-shorts to hold in the buddah.

this time I am thinking of rocking the candy cane man thong, and nipple tape. gotta keep it real.

Tattooo

Turbo Monkey
Jun 5, 2005
OV
Does anyone know if the wisp races are a series?
If so, anyone know how this all works out points wise?

Aug 6, 2006
Denver, CO
it's 4+ hours away and I had to go out of town on saturday. Was it any good?

hopefully I can make it to Wisp this coming saturday:)
yeah it was good. The slolam course was really soggy, so they extended the gate section before the berms and the merge, and removed all the jumps after the merge. So it was a nice test of flat ground/ shallow rut turns, and pure pedaling strength.

The DH had some rough and tricky spots at the top, but after those it was basically an xc trail with lots of pedaling, ending in some fun chutes.

After bear creek, I'm totally pumped to ride at wisp, I can't wait for a fast lift......bear creek was so slow, that I spotted a spectator casually meander to the top of the hill before I made it there in my chair. :disgust: