Quantcast

Wisp/Shed weekend?

04sgsdh

Monkey
Sep 8, 2007
Hagerstown
Anyone heading to Wisp or the Shed this weekend? I've got a pretty open weekend, so I figured I'd try to plan a ride or 2, or 3. Preferably something that doesn't require hiking. This past saturday @ the shed nearly killed me. Had the truck, thinking there would be some people up there and it turned out I was the only one on the steep side. After 1 long trip up the road from evo bottom, then 5 others up the Trail 6 area, I think I pretty much drained myself of water and energy. Damn Hot! Still fun though.

Bernie

04sgsdh

Monkey
Sep 8, 2007
Hagerstown
I could be down for that. I'm just hoping the weather will clear up. I'll keep checking. Any idea time/place?

Bernie

ridiculous

Turbo Monkey
Jan 18, 2005
MD / NoVA
Hey Bernie we are riding at seven springs all next weekend if your up for it. Theres also talk of shuttling blue knob sat or sunday. Might want to check with Brandon.

bballboy388

Monkey
Dec 4, 2004
id like to go to the shed tomorrow get there around 10:30 or so and i might know someone else interested not sure yet though.

04sgsdh

Monkey
Sep 8, 2007
Hagerstown
I'd love to do 7 springs, but maybe another weekend. Knob sounds like an idea for sunday though, I'll PM Brandon.
Shed for sat. after 10, weather permitting I guess. Got your pm, I'll call in the am.

B.

mobius

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Around DC
Myself, Whale, and another buddy are heading up there tomorrow morning at 10. Currently we do not have a shuttle, but plan to get something together depending on who shows up. We'll be riding all of the pervert trails most likely.

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
I'd love to do 7 springs, but maybe another weekend. Knob sounds like an idea for sunday though, I'll PM Brandon.
Shed for sat. after 10, weather permitting I guess. Got your pm, I'll call in the am.

B.

springs is FREE all weekend well the 12th-13th anyway and there will be bike demos etc! this would be a good weekend to stretch out and hit the springs :thumb:

juss sayin!

nelsonjm

Monkey
Feb 16, 2007
Columbia, MD
I'm heading to 7springs this weekend too, already got a room reserved. Bernie, does your girlfriend work with the GPS program? I'm 99% sure I just talked to her.

Last edited:

04sgsdh

Monkey
Sep 8, 2007
Hagerstown
I'm still up in the air about the weekend. I really want to check out 7, but I'm not sure about the drive. Anyone know if they are really doing free rentals. I figure I can maybe get the girlfriend in on the action. Actually, I heard you could get by on a non-DH, anyone?
"Bernie, does your girlfriend work with the GPS program? I'm 99% sure I just talked to her." Yes she does indeed. Trying to talk her into going. The d-sel gets real ****e mileage though, I'd need to work on the logistics.

B.

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
I'm still up in the air about the weekend. I really want to check out 7, but I'm not sure about the drive. Anyone know if they are really doing free rentals. I figure I can maybe get the girlfriend in on the action. Actually, I heard you could get by on a non-DH, anyone?
"Bernie, does your girlfriend work with the GPS program? I'm 99% sure I just talked to her." Yes she does indeed. Trying to talk her into going. The d-sel gets real ****e mileage though, I'd need to work on the logistics.

B.
I am not sure that the springs is offering their rental bikes for free, but Kona, Trek, and Santa Cruz will all have demo bikes!

Yes you can get by without a DH specific bike, a girl was riding a Fisher HT the other day and found out that a trail she thought was a "blue" was actually the black diamond trail known as EC... she said she had to walk a few sections but that she was ok comfort wise on her own bike. I have seen a few people riding BMX bikes on the 007 trail which is the trail that was opened last year and reworked this year. Lots of flow and jumps so a BMX is possible! A friend I ride XC with rode his Fisher Paragon on the trails and did great, but he is probably the exception cause he is a monster on any bike.

If you come up... and you see a guy riding a raw Yeti AS-X that is me, make sure you say hey!

brandmatika

Chimp
May 8, 2008
Baltimore
about 3 of us from bmore are going up to 7 this weekend. Bernie youre welcome to crash with us.
Hey ridiculous, i live in Bmore, and i'm heading up to 7 springs w/my fiancée and a few other peeps. i'll probably be the only person you'll see there on a Norco Shore if you wanna meet up. it'd be good to meet some more Baltimore people who DH for carpooling to the shed and stuff, not too many of us that i know of around here.

04sgsdh

Monkey
Sep 8, 2007
Hagerstown
about 3 of us from bmore are going up to 7 this weekend. Bernie youre welcome to crash with us.
I may have to take you up on that. It's sounding like way too much fun to miss. I'm pretty sure I still have your number, I'll give you a call. How much floor do you have available?

-I appreciate the info on the riding up there. She's been out at the shed before and did pretty damn good, so I think she would be fine considering the terrain.
Now I just need to figure out my transport. I need to try to test fit 2 bikes in my Civic.

Last edited:

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
-I appreciate the info on the riding up there. She's been out at the shed before and did pretty damn good, so I think she would be fine considering the terrain.
Now I just need to figure out my transport. I need to try to test fit 2 bikes in my Civic.
Right on! she should do great! take her on the beginner trail which is like a pumptrack down hill with berms and rollers etc! it is a blast to rail it as a warm up run! She will be begging for more!

as far as the civic... see Woody's ride report called "walkabout" and see how he is traversing the North American continent in a civic with a few bikes in teh back and some clothes thrown in! :thumb:

I am stoked to meet people from the monkey. I have been so busy building and not riding, that it will be good for me to get back into the DH'n and hear constructive criticism about the trails! Manhattan, his brothers and I are the only real mountain bikers that work in relation to this DH project at the springs so we will hopefully be able to convey your ideas to make it better and grow the program!

Dave

04sgsdh

Monkey
Sep 8, 2007
Hagerstown
Well, I got 2 bikes in the Civic(07'). 2 xc bikes though. I'm pretty sure I can get the DH and an XC in for the weekend. I should be able to get up there in the AM on Saturday and maybe stay Saturday night. With the crazy price of gas, taking the Honda will make a cheap weekend even cheaper. Sweet!! See everyone on Saturday, I'll be on my flat gray Iron Horse SGS w/ Shivers up front.

BMac.
-I'll have to post pics of the bikes in the trunk.

Last edited: