Quantcast

Wisp tires/bike choices

Tattooo

Turbo Monkey
Jun 5, 2005
OV
Sitting here looking at the weather for McHenry, MD, AKA Wisp, for the weekend. Looks like rain, and plenty of it.

So here's the question of the day from Fat Camp:
Which tires and which bike should I bring?

Bring the Nomad with 2.35" Swamp Things.
Or bring the big gun, Demo 9 with either Kenda Kollosus tires or 2.5" Swamp Things.

Little help is always appreciated.

Tattooo

Turbo Monkey
Jun 5, 2005
OV
Man, just too hard to find a place to sleep at Diablo this week. I was going to, but didn't get the funds worked out until tonight to make sure I have a race season at all.

Besides, I am not "there" enough yet to make a decent run at the Open. It will be the last thing I do next year in the states however.

Tattooo

Turbo Monkey
Jun 5, 2005
OV
Right, which bike?

Is the Demo too much love? Its a lot of bike, but man do I love how my fat baby rides.

veteran

Chimp
May 25, 2006
Tattooo said:
Sitting here looking at the weather for McHenry, MD, AKA Wisp, for the weekend. Looks like rain, and plenty of it.

So here's the question of the day from Fat Camp:
Which tires and which bike should I bring?

Bring the Nomad with 2.35" Swamp Things.
Or bring the big gun, Demo 9 with either Kenda Kollosus tires or 2.5" Swamp Things.

Little help is always appreciated.
You thank Morewood in your sig, do you ride a Morewood? If you do, then I would ride that. Demo 9's are great and all, but if you're sponsered by Morewood don't you think you should ride it? How old are you and what class do you ride in?

Tattooo

Turbo Monkey
Jun 5, 2005
OV
I am riding a Ndiza St for them to run 4x and DS. Its all set out for that, not DH.

Not sure yet which I am racing this weekend. Need to see how my gut/ass feel before I pick a class.

Ok I have a question about Wisp...I ride a hardtail...and I am real comfortable with it.
I have taken it on the wisp trails before and done fine. And I was planning on racing it there on saturday....
Will I be the only crazy person on a hardtail? If no it doesnt matter, I rode my baby at snowshoe and did wonderful....just curious though. And also, Will I be the only girl at the wisp race saturday?

drt_jumper

Monkey
May 20, 2003
Manassas Va
wisp is not that bad at all....I have ridden it on my 4x soul cycles hardtail race bike with 24"s and had no problem at all....tattoo you nomad will be more than enough bike...there are no real drops to speak of, at least nothing that would warrant the demo....besides the step up isnt that big....you be fine, I live 30 min. away from wisp, it was only spitting this morning and if it does rain hard wisp drains fairly well except for the actuall slopes which retain water, but you are only on those for about 50 ft at a time and only 3 times. hope that helps

veteran

Chimp
May 25, 2006
Tattooo said:
I am riding a Ndiza St for them to run 4x and DS. Its all set out for that, not DH.

Not sure yet which I am racing this weekend. Need to see how my gut/ass feel before I pick a class.
That's a nice bike! I had thought about sending them a resume last year, but I never did. Do you have any ride shots? Good Luck!

Tattooo

Turbo Monkey
Jun 5, 2005
OV
I just dialed in the Demo. I haven't gotten to play with it as much as I want now that I am out here. Besides, I want to test it out before I hit Plattekill next weekend. I know the Morewood works, it works like none other. God I love that bike.

The Nomad is being a challenge. Hard bike to get dialed in right, and frankly I don't feel like changing out tires tonight.

Be looking for a fat kid, long hair, Silver Demo with yellow DeeMaxx wheels sporting a Morewood jersey.

WSU DH'er

Monkey
Nov 28, 2003
Fayetteville, NC
Well, Just got back from the WISP race. It was pretty fun, misted in the morning and gave us a nice gooy practice.
Played around a little after the race and there is some fun runs up there.
Definately looking forward to more east coast races.

Tattooo

Turbo Monkey
Jun 5, 2005
OV
Man, my shoulder and ribs hurt from that step up.

Any idea when they're posting the pics from today?

Tattooo

Turbo Monkey
Jun 5, 2005
OV
Like the half wit waterhead I am well known to be, I ran blue groove 2.5's in the back, and a Kollsus on the front. I had my LBS put the tires on and swap the old wheel parts to the new wheels. The genius crew at my store put the tire on backwards. But it was all me doing the slide dance. No BFD, still took first in beginner.

But, I was the only beginner...

However, a W is a W, don't care how I get there.