Quantcast

Witch kind of lg1 for my 2006 Demo8

Sweet-Ride

Chimp
Oct 25, 2009
Quebec City
Hey, I curently want to switch my old chainguide for a new one. I have been looking trew the e-13 and I realised that they were 2 kinds of lg1.

So yeah what kind Do I need to buy for a 2006 Demo8? The e-13 lg1 isg or the e-13 lg1 isg 05?

PhilipW

Monkey
Mar 13, 2007
Leominster, MA
Hey, I curently want to switch my old chainguide for a new one. I have been looking trew the e-13 and I realised that they were 2 kinds of lg1.

So yeah what kind Do I need to buy for a 2006 Demo8? The e-13 lg1 isg or the e-13 lg1 isg 05?
Hey Ty...reposting this from a PB post I put up earlier...

You have a few options. The 08 SRS is the best fit for the old generation guides. The 08 LG1 interferes with the swooping downtube on the Demo, as the taco protrudes out 10mm inboard. I've seen the 08 LG1 fit up, but it is quite a hassle if you don't have the correct 56mm chainline crankset. The SRS doesn't have this problem as it uses a crank mounted bashguard.

The new 09 LG1+/SRS+ (in ISCG-OLD) will both fit the Demo with no problems. I had most of Spec/Team America running the narrow position over the summer as well and everything fit up nicely.

Cheers,
philip @ e*thirteen