Quantcast
  1. The Ridemonkey Secret Santa has begun

Come exchange gifts with other monkeys! From beer, to light-up bike nuts, to custom machined holiday decorations, there's something for everyone. To participate, make sure you send your email by Tuesday, November 28th.
    Click here for details and to learn how to participate.
    Dismiss Notice

WNC and upstate SC Monkeys

Discussion in 'The South' started by Yossarian, May 25, 2017.

1. Yossarian

Yossarian Monkey Pimp

Rep/Likes:
    8 / 65
    Next Weekend I am meeting some buddies in Columbus NC for some drinking. If I were to swing by Dupont on my way back to Atlanta, what is a good 10 miles or so to ride?

Please register to disable this ad.

2. jstuhlman

jstuhlman We noticed.

Rep/Likes:
    278 / 2,383
    even closer is green river gamelands. you can also paddle, tube, and fish there. 10 mins away.

#2 -   May 25, 2017
    Last edited: May 25, 2017
  3. Yossarian

Yossarian Monkey Pimp

Rep/Likes:
    8 / 65
    thanks @jstuhlman I was eyeballing that too, but since it is a much smaller trail system I thought I could figure that one out. So green river gets a reco then?

4. jstuhlman

jstuhlman We noticed.

Rep/Likes:
    278 / 2,383
    @Yossarian -it's def a cool spot. much more off the beaten path. it's smaller but a tougher ride. the one time i rode there it kicked my ass. granted it was 100* and 100% humidity... there are two tubing places, i think. saluda, nearby, has one or two spots for beers and green river bbq...

5. Yossarian

Yossarian Monkey Pimp

Rep/Likes:
    8 / 65
    @jstuhlman Yeah, the parking lot I was looking at is right near a tubing outfitter. I think we are going to Asheville for some day drinking then back to the cabin for the serious drinking. I guess that depends on somebody willing to stay sober for the drive to Ashville. Me, I am happy drinking alone in the woods.