Quantcast

Wooohooo!

RandomV

Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
Indiana
Originally posted by SwisSlesS
Sorry, I'm not a real jumper... Why is it harder to do a bar spin with your feet on the pedals?
Well, I think they were talking about barspins on the flat ground... But, to answer the question:

Usually it's tough because you'll hit your knees or get the bar end caught in your shirt or something. Both of which usually lead to ugly or scary crashes.

Mudpuppy

Monkey
Oct 20, 2001
Port Orchard/Not WSU
Another problem with barspins on the pedals is that it's a WHOLE lot harder to balance, at least for me but I have trouble pinching the seat 'cause I'm big or something.

Dog Welder

Turbo Monkey
Sep 7, 2001
Pasadena, CA
Its harder because if you learn with one foot on the pedal and one on the peg...all your weight gets shifted to the peg making barspins easy. Whereas with your weight on the pedals it makes it more difficult to hoist the front end up to pop the spin. I've never had a problem getting the bars to hit my legs or catching my shirt. I actually lean back a little too far and fall off the back sometimes. Now I've been practicing doing the spins with the seat lowered to my normal riding height and pinching the seat with my calves rather than my knees.

Next trick for me is the 50/50 grind.

By the way, rode at a park for hte first time....man you can grind FAR on the coping! so much that I looped out the first couple times.

UCSBrian

Chimp
Mar 11, 2002
seattle
the next step in barspins is to pull the bike up, spin it, grab the bars, and hold the manual. Ive done it like twice. Heh, its hard. Its probably harder on my 26" too.

late
b

nickmtb

Chimp
Jun 2, 2002
Originally posted by UCSBrian
the next step in barspins is to pull the bike up, spin it, grab the bars, and hold the manual. Ive done it like twice. Heh, its hard. Its probably harder on my 26" too.

late
b
I just started to learn those and there sweet, they feel cool and look cool.
:cool:

Dog Welder

Turbo Monkey
Sep 7, 2001
Pasadena, CA
Do you guys find that you can barsping one way better than the other? For example I can spin clockwise way easy than compared to spine counter clockwise. If I spin it the easy way i can get my hands back on the bars pretty quickly...but if I don't i bobble getting my hands on.

UCSBrian

Chimp
Mar 11, 2002
seattle
both ways are pretty much the same for me. I dont know if your on a bmx or a mtb, but on my mtb if i can t go both ways, its kinda useless, seeing as how without a gyro i have to unwind it.

b

Mudpuppy

Monkey
Oct 20, 2001
Port Orchard/Not WSU
Originally posted by stringcheese
I figured that if you're right handed, you should spin the bars clockwise, and if you're left handed (like me) spin them counter-clockwise.
That's how I do it. I do spin counter clockwise sometimes but it's harder to do. I mainly only do it to get out of a half barspin.