Quantcast

word on red bull sharpshooters

BrianN

Chimp
Aug 19, 2007
Whats the word on the winner of the photo contest. Lets see some of the photos in the contest. Who was the winner?

BostonBullit

Monkey
Oct 27, 2001
Medway, MA
The winner was....ehhh...crap, I forget the dudes name. He's from down south and rolls with Team America I think it was, nice guy and good photog. I was shooting with a buddy who goes by Private Joker on some boards and he took third, have no idea who the guy who got second was. All 5 of the top photos will be published in an upcoming issue of Decline. Part of the mega rights grab contest entry release was that Red Bull owns the rights to your life after you submit your photos so I'm not sure how many you'll see around the net :plthumbsdown:

pinkshirtphotos

site moron
Jul 5, 2006
Vernon, NJ
yeah in my opinion the contest could have been much better. I feel that looking at the pictures on a crappy laptop wasnt the best idea. Many of us photographers spend time calibrating our monitors for the best colours and making our pictures look great. a bad monitor makes a great picture look bad. Also using the projector just killed some picture quality. Next year time they do this it should be a larger colour calibrated monitor and be a have the people vote. many times you get a photo contest where the judges all like one style of picture and if you get that style great if not your sol. im not bad talking any of the judges just think it could have been a better judging if it was by the people. i also felt the winner was picked because it had diablo freeride park written across the whole picture. Sure it had a neat sky but it was really dark. I think the winning picture was the guy with a specialized going over the jump on the ds course.