Quantcast

Workstand

DirtyDog

Gang probed by the Golden Banana
Aug 2, 2005
I'm looking for a good workstand that is somewhat portable. What's the latest? Any suggestions on a good place to order one?

04sgsdh

Monkey
Sep 8, 2007
Hagerstown
I use a Park PCS-10, received it as a gift last year, pretty damn nice. It comes apart pretty easy for storage or travel, $149.98 at PricePoint, may be cheaper elsewhere too.

Bernie

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I've heard good things about the Ultimate Pro Elite as well.

However, I have the Park PRS15 - Pro race stand. Very stable, breaks down to a good size. FWIW I used to be a mechanic and am used to the big honkin' metal base ones, and I'm very happy with the PRS15.

Yelo

Monkey
Aug 3, 2008
Quebec city, Quebec, Canada
Just got a ultimate pro classic from Aspire velotech, great service even for me being in Canada. It was the best price I found on the net and it came in exactly as they said.....

I got a lot of friend who have one of those and from my experience using lots of different model over the last years, it's the best one you can get....

ZachTheMech

Monkey
Mar 17, 2004
Browns Summit, NC
Ditto on what jonKranked said,

I have the park PRS-15 race stand as well, love it, but like him i was a mech for along time and used to the shop ones... the biggest thing i love about this stand tho is the clamp. very versitile for any bicycle.

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
I use the Ultimate Pro Elite at events and the old (5yrs old) Pro at home. Both suffer from the same issues:

1) clamp will sometimes jam up and not turn. I'm sure if I took it apart I could fix it, but I don't care to do that.

2) the tripod base, while stable, has a sweet spot. If your on not-so-smooth terrain, the tripod base can cause some issues because it's not in it's sweet spot.

Does Park's PRS-15 rotate along the Y-axis at all? That could be frustrating if not.

I'd still choose Ultimate. Syadasti, the Ultimate Bicycle Support division was sold to another parent company.

skiforfree33

Monkey
Mar 15, 2007
colorado
I would go with the Ultimate. I am very happy with mine. It is super easy to set it up and take it down. I bring it to all the races and it packs up pretty small and is not very heavy so it is fairly easy to transport around. Get an Ultimate! you will be very happy with it.

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
Ultimate Pro Elite FTW! I'd been eyeing them for awhile and rolled into the LBS and they had one set up with a bike on it, and luckily the wrench was very baked and thought it was a $100 stand.

"Um, I can go $70 for ya."

"Wrap it up!"

Tipped him a $20 and I was off...