Quantcast

World’s 2023

konifere

Monkey
Dec 20, 2021
@Gary you want me to retrive all the informative comments you've made recently ?

Plus, I thought it was speed and style so I thought th fastest didn't necessarly win.

konastab01

Turbo Monkey
Dec 7, 2004
You'd think they would give the winners a brand new jersey for the podium instead of a pure stained one.

konastab01

Turbo Monkey
Dec 7, 2004
Girls managed to ger a shower and a change of clothes, boys weren't so lucky.
Ha, its not even a shower. You would think they would give them all clean jerseys for the podium, it just shows how disorganised MTBing is compared to other sports.

mykel

closer to Periwinkle
Apr 19, 2013
sw ontario canada
Don't think I'm gonna bother. If the feed is good and commentary is good, then watching what you know the results of is ok, but if not, then not so much.

I think the read you guys just gave me was better than a replay. :rofl:

Avy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2006
Well done @Avy
The ginger guard has changed
This is so wrong. Avy is telling my Dog’s to be quiet as the Wife is working. I am also waiting on the Cable guy,no no Brothers,all is well,just an upgrade. Meanwhile, Avy is reading all the post’s on this thread,literally hanging by a thread you Cunt’s. It is all I have.

Gary,I do not understand your post? Forgive me.

Avy

konifere

Monkey
Dec 20, 2021
Yeah, same conditions as all the top guys.
Whoa! I was too busy switching browsers and refreshing pages and never saw the hot seat. I thought he had ridden down before mot other guys. @Gary I retract my previous comment then and I salute Hatton for his run (that I didn't get the chance to see).

Anyone knows if there will be a replay available and if so, where?

konastab01

Turbo Monkey
Dec 7, 2004
Whoa! I was too busy switching browsers and refreshing pages and never saw the hot seat. I thought he had ridden down before mot other guys. @Gary I retract my previous comment then and I salute Hatton for his run (that I didn't get the chance to see).

Anyone knows if there will be a replay available and if so, where?
It was 24 hrs on the iplayer but i imagine it'll be on YouTube pronto.

sethimus

neu bizutch
Feb 5, 2006
not in Whistler anymore :/
just watched the replay on swiss national tv player app. splendid hd, commentary was also good, emilie siegenthaler gave good insights and the other swiss bloke didn‘t say any bullshit. would watch again.

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
An extra request for the boomer doing the commentary with Needles: somebody please give him a quick class on how to pronounce foreign names. The guy butchered so many of them you'd think he was narrating a completely different race.
Mate. I'm sat here watching the BMX racing and they've got a guy who sounds a lot like Mark Beisegal who used to do the Eurosport commentary for DH way back in the Grundig days joined by a northern English commentator (I guess possibly an old BMX guy) who wouldn't sound out of place shouting meat deals from a butchers town centre market stall. The bloke is putting on "funny" Accents when talking about riders from other nation's and raising his voice to a shout every time there's a brit on track. The BBC just embarrassing.
There's no point complaining about shit like this nevermind making polite requests. Most of the top boys in the BBC should be in PRISON for far more serious crimes.

konastab01

Turbo Monkey
Dec 7, 2004
Mate. I'm sat here watching the BMX racing and they've got a guy who sounds a lot like Mark Beisegal who used to do the Eurosport commentary for DH way back in the Grundig days joined by a northern English commentator (I guess possibly an old BMX guy) who wouldn't sound out of place shouting meat deals from a butchers town centre market stall. The bloke is putting on "funny" Accents when talking about riders from other nation's and raising his voice to a shout every time there's a brit on track. The BBC just embarrassing.
There's no point complaining about shit like this nevermind making polite requests. Most of the top boys in the BBC should be in PRISON for far more serious crimes.
Im watching the road race and not surprisingly they are on it, all the money has been spent on this. I nearly did go into town to shoot something with my camera but im glad I didnt because it looks so mobbed and a nightamre to get about.

Avy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2006
Avy like Hatton.
Hatton ginger.
Gwin ginger.
Gwin not there.
Ginger still wins.

Avy = happy?
Gary = Happy for Avy
Gary = forgives Avy
Yes I do like Hatton. As well as his teammate,the Bike, and the whole dam team. They seem Happy and it shows. Thank you for the simple breakdown Gary,I Love it.

I am tryin to find YT videos of the race. Not much luck. I did see the T Bo one. I am still lookin. I am tryin to find Hatton? Man oh Man he must be on cloud nine! Just what he and the team need. Talk about a rush of emotions? With the location? Ole,ole ole ole ole! Viva Hatton!

Avy

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
I am tryin to find YT videos of the race. Not much luck.

Guess you'll need a VPN

Last edited:

toodles

ridiculously corgi proportioned
Aug 24, 2004
Australia
Bizarrely slow year for the Frenchies. I know Amaury and Myriam are out, but no WC wins this year and only a Bronze medal at the worlds across the categories is a surprise.

Remember last year when the frogs blew up at the Mayor of Les Gets that suggested home country might have an advantage? Interesting how things have gone this year.

SylentK

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2004
coloRADo
I'm still hunting for content of the race, but, for me, I was glamping with the family (that's like fancy camping). I tried to watch but both my VPN and GCN+ failed. So eff it. I'll see if I can watch at least something a little later. But really? Total fail. Not sure of the why of the regional restrictions, I'm sure they have their reasons. But I feel like the sport is not growing (maybe dying) from these restrictions. So if I couldn't watch it, how many promising groms couldn't? And therefore...wait for it...don't give a shit? And therefore don't really want to race and grow the sport. Not cool.

The digital age is here. If the kids can't see it on their digital devices, it didn't happen. Trust me. I have one. :)

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
The UCI DH highlights video on YT was 90 seconds long, had none of the women's race and just about let me know Hatton had won. The only way I knew Holl had won the women's was the coverage from Kerr's race day video.

Avy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2006

Guess you'll need a VPN
Yeah,no VPN,I did it ounce but I am just tired of All the things one needs to watch a race. If I had more money,I would do it,but today I had my plumber here todo some re pipin. How come I can watch Cornhole bullshit for free,but DH Racin no sir? Who makes this call? Fucking!

Avy

Bikael Molton

goofy for life
Jun 9, 2003
El Lay
The Tiz replay worked great for me… I don’t love Ric’s announcing but it sounds like there were worse options.

Nice showing from Hatton and Kolb!

shelteringsky

Monkey
May 21, 2010
Bizarrely slow year for the Frenchies. I know Amaury and Myriam are out, but no WC wins this year and only a Bronze medal at the worlds across the categories is a surprise.
had the same thoughts re: Frenchies. It’s gotta be their worst season so far for years (that’s not to say they won’t pick up wins in the remaining world cups).

World Cup podiums seem to be skewing younger as well. Especially Williams, Goldstone as well as Finn. New generation showing that DH is a “young man’s game”?

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
had the same thoughts re: Frenchies. It’s gotta be their worst season so far for years (that’s not to say they won’t pick up wins in the remaining world cups).
Looking at the UCI rankings, the first two spots are frenchies, with 4 in the top 10, more than any other nation.

FlipSide

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2001
I'm still hunting for content of the race, but, for me, I was glamping with the family (that's like fancy camping). I tried to watch but both my VPN and GCN+ failed. So eff it. I'll see if I can watch at least something a little later. But really? Total fail. Not sure of the why of the regional restrictions, I'm sure they have their reasons. But I feel like the sport is not growing (maybe dying) from these restrictions. So if I couldn't watch it, how many promising groms couldn't? And therefore...wait for it...don't give a shit? And therefore don't really want to race and grow the sport. Not cool.

The digital age is here. If the kids can't see it on their digital devices, it didn't happen. Trust me. I have one. :)
I don't even care anymore. I didn't bother trying watch the race this year. Fuck these assholes. They can keep their race and their fake landing sounds.

konifere

Monkey
Dec 20, 2021
So far, the effects of their new changes :

-Die-hard fans : might pay to watch the races, but will swear at worlds if not from selected countries
-Fans : will not pay to watch the races
-New fans : won't even try to watch since they have to pay
-Reguar people : won't give a shit any more than before
-Racers : have to race a semi-final + finals for the same money
-Teams : have to pay more to participate
-Privateers : will struggle more to enter the races since it's more expensive

Oh and they interviewed Greg Minaar that had just finished his run after tearing off his tire mid-run, WHILE Dakota Norton was doing his run (and finished 10th). I found that totally disrespectful for the racer doing his race run.

I wonder what's the positive in all of this.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
So far, the effects of their new changes :

-Die-hard fans : might pay to watch the races, but will swear at worlds if not from selected countries
-Fans : will not pay to watch the races
-New fans : won't even try to watch since they have to pay
-Reguar people : won't give a shit any more than before
-Racers : have to race a semi-final + finals for the same money
-Teams : have to pay more to participate
-Privateers : will struggle more to enter the races since it's more expensive

Oh and they interviewed Greg Minaar that had just finished his run after tearing off his tire mid-run, WHILE Dakota Norton was doing his run (and finished 10th). I found that totally disrespectful for the racer doing his race run.

I wonder what's the positive in all of this.
Worlds has always been a shit show though as it was never the same media deal as the world cups.