Quantcast

luiz carlos

Monkey
Apr 15, 2002
Brazil-Rio de Janeiro
C
  1. The next film will be out earlier than the last one, just shooting on the new format can save literally days, weeks and months when it comes to capturing and editing. He also spent some time in New Zealand with this weekends winner so expect some good stuff there.
  2. Alex Rankin is working on a full length MTB project, out in April, not sure if I can let the cat out the bag yet what it will be about.
  3. MTB Cut will also have a world cup race DVD out before Xmass.

1. It's everything I'd like to hear....
    Mostly about Mtbcut DVD.......

Last edited:

- seb

Turbo Monkey
Apr 10, 2002
UK
Who's the junior girl there, and should we care? I.e. is she any good and going to be an atherton/jonnier one day, or is she simply the best of a tiny uncompetitive bunch?

Eren

Turbo Monkey
Mar 18, 2006
mill creek, WA (now in Surrey UK)
Myriam Nicole

looks like she didnt even race canbrah. and looks like she missed maribor i believe.

but i think here worst result was like 14th or 18th. but i cant imagine the junior womens field to be very big.

i think she got 2nd at worlds

General Lee

Turbo Monkey
Oct 16, 2003
The 802
http://freecaster.tv/1000006_1005847

Faircloughs run is up under the womens 1st place
I wish they had an interview to see what he had to say he was definatly looking fast!
according to the questionably accurate on-screen clock Brendan is aprox .60 seconds up on Blenkinsop when they hit edge of that drop. of course Brendan isn't actually on his bike at that point so we'll never know what kind of time he might have posted. Considering it took him about 12 seconds to get back on and several more to get up to speed it's pretty impressive he only finished 15 seconds back. Not the best way to end the year, but at least he knows he has the pace to win.

Ian Collins

Turbo Monkey
Oct 4, 2001
Pacific Beach, San Diego, CA
anyone else think this was a wierd race......pretty big gaps between riders.....first 4:10....tenth 4:21+

kovarik got DFL.....checkers or wreckers for that guy i guess

cedric 52nd?!?!

GWIN 8th??!?!?!?

i dunno....just scrolling through the full final results, it seems wierd

DBR X6 RIDER

Turbo Monkey
anyone else think this was a wierd race......pretty big gaps between riders.....first 4:10....tenth 4:21+

kovarik got DFL.....checkers or wreckers for that guy i guess

cedric 52nd?!?!

GWIN 8th??!?!?!?

i dunno....just scrolling through the full final results, it seems wierd
Yeah, the times are all over the place. Strobel in 47th was a shocker, IMHO.

I think it's just a matter of EVERYBODY letting it all hang out like there's no tomorrow, since there is none - it's all about next season after this one. That being said, it was a Ricky Bobby kind of day...first or last!!!

May 31, 2008
Belgium
That's weird I'm pretty sure that I posted a reply yesterday to this thread, I must have missed the reply button...

Anyhow instead of being so confident about your system why not take it as advice instead of just brushing it off. SDSL, ADSL etc are all DSL lines. And many DSL lines like my own can upload at 1 Mbit/s which is more than what your stream was, since it was no HD-stream. And if one line isn't sufficient, you can always use loadbalancing. I'm guessing you aren't familiar with networks or haven't worked with them yourself? With loadbalancing you can achieve the upload speed of a 2 Mbit/s SDSL line with 2 1 Mbit/s ADSL-lines. But as I said a 700 kbit/s stream (which isn't HD) doesn't need 2 Mbit. 1 Mbit/s is sufficient.

And if you do this the only reason for freezing is the servers streaming to the clients, their bandwidth and performance are setting limits too.
Blackspire you're partially right. The issue we have had in Schladming is not related to the speed of the upload as that was ok but one of massive frame drops. Some of you questioned why the same video feed played better on other sites and the simple reason is that a windows media stream is better at digesting frame drops than a flash stream. We only found out too late that the line was not stable as the line was installed with 2 hours to go before the live.

We will work hard to ensure that all lives next year are of the highest standard. It will require a lot of planning and testing but at least we know what needs doing. Beyond the uplink connections we also have a lot of work to do on our servers and database.

We will need all of you to put load on our servers when we will test our new infrastructure in the winter.

Don't ever think I brush off any advice and what you suggested to correct.

Ray

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
Blackspire you're partially right. The issue we have had in Schladming is not related to the speed of the upload as that was ok but one of massive frame drops. Some of you questioned why the same video feed played better on other sites and the simple reason is that a windows media stream is better at digesting frame drops than a flash stream. We only found out too late that the line was not stable as the line was installed with 2 hours to go before the live.

We will work hard to ensure that all lives next year are of the highest standard. It will require a lot of planning and testing but at least we know what needs doing. Beyond the uplink connections we also have a lot of work to do on our servers and database.

We will need all of you to put load on our servers when we will test our new infrastructure in the winter.

Don't ever think I brush off any advice and what you suggested to correct.

Ray
You sir are a consumate professional and we appreciate your efforts. May you get paid handsomely in the end for it all! Oh..and we are happy to put load on your servers. :thumb:

I feel a little dirty saying that.

John P.

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2001
Golden, CO
Ray-

Thanks for the honest, humble, and thoughtful reply. Don't think for a second that we don't all absolutely appreciate the job you guys are doing for us. It's been a huge treat for us all to have such excellent coverage and commentary all season, and if you ever sense frustration on the part of the viewers, it's only because you've set such a high bar previously that you've spoiled us rotten.

Thanks again for all your hard work this season. If there's anything we can do to help make your fantastic product even better in the future, please don't hesitate to ask!

--John P.

RUFUS

e-douche of the year
Dec 1, 2006
Denver, CO
Kovarik:
Strobel:

Fabien Pedemanaud crashed there too, but no footage or pics.
Was the same point, where Hill hit the tree.
Great videos, thanks for posting those. Definitely didn't think the opening was that bad with the regular video. After seeing what it looks like with that view, I now know why everyone was biffing it right there.

- seb

Turbo Monkey
Apr 10, 2002
UK
Haha, I love the last blast of the air horn at 8 seconds or so. The guy knows it's not the time or the place for it any more, but can't help but have one more haha :D

Strobel did alright there (for such a nasty crash), only lost about 8 seconds by my reckoning

Last edited:

JayCee

Chimp
Jul 17, 2008
man, that root looked vicious, just the right spot to grab your pedal and fling you down hard.

brutal

- seb

Turbo Monkey
Apr 10, 2002
UK
I know we all know it, but it may not have registered for everyone, Rach is both world champion AND world cup champion this year. Jonnier managed it last year, 2nd & 2nd for her this year. Only other girl ever to manage both is Anne Caro (1998-2002, 5 years straight, a feat even Vouilloz couldn't match)

Well done again to Rach, and may it be the first of many!

- seb

Turbo Monkey
Apr 10, 2002
UK
Yep, to be fair she would have had it wrapped up before, but is a bit accident/injury prone. Hopefully this year wasn't just luck and shows that she has learnt to ride within her abilities a bit and we can see a lot more where that came from!

monkeyfcuker

Monkey
May 26, 2008
UK, Carlisle
Think she still has some race craft to learn (says me the worst racer in the world!) as she seems to be a bit all or nothing but still there's no denying when she is on it she kills the competition, maybe she just has to learn that you can win a championship with a load of second places as-well!

John P.

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2001
Golden, CO
Haha, I love the last blast of the air horn at 8 seconds or so. The guy knows it's not the time or the place for it any more, but can't help but have one more haha :D
LMFAO! That is pretty damn funny. Annoying noise-makers like that can be seriously addictive if you're the guy behind the trigger.

General Lee

Turbo Monkey
Oct 16, 2003
The 802
Think she still has some race craft to learn (says me the worst racer in the world!) as she seems to be a bit all or nothing but still there's no denying when she is on it she kills the competition, maybe she just has to learn that you can win a championship with a load of second places as-well!
Um, what world cup series have you been watching this year?

Maribor 2nd
Andorra 1st
Ft. Bill 3rd
Ste Anne 1st
Bromont 1st
Canberra 2nd
Schladming 1st

That's four wins, two 2nds, and one 3rd. pretty much makes her the most consistent racer on the circuit in both the men's and women's class. :poster_oops:

epic

Turbo Monkey
Sep 15, 2008
Um, what world cup series have you been watching this year?

Maribor 2nd
Andorra 1st
Ft. Bill 3rd
Ste Anne 1st
Bromont 1st
Canberra 2nd
Schladming 1st

That's four wins, two 2nds, and one 3rd. pretty much makes her the most consistent racer on the circuit in both the men's and women's class. :poster_oops:
Sure, but 3rd isn't so hard when she's only racing two other girls.

RUFUS

e-douche of the year
Dec 1, 2006
Denver, CO
I ran that photo through some filters and saw what really happened behind rachel.

Do you blame him. Great photoshop dude as usual.
I would do the same thing as Josh if I was there.
There was definitely some "chemistry" when I was around them at MSA.
I smell a freecaster/MTV reality TV series of this couple. Just like one of those newlywed shows.

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
Do you blame him. Great photoshop dude as usual.
I would do the same thing as Josh if I was there.
There was definitely some "chemistry" when I was around them at MSA.
I smell a freecaster/MTV reality TV series of this couple. Just like one of those newlywed shows.
too bad she has a stupid accent...the aussie accent is more better