Quantcast

General Lee

Turbo Monkey
Oct 16, 2003
The 802
Weather here just got retarded. Sheet lightning, thunder and MASSIVE wind blowing **** everywhere. The stage is about to get set...
If it gets real nasty I'm calling a 10 second win for Mr. Hill. I wonder if Brendan can get it together and mix up the points a bit. He loves this track and it can't hurt that he's practicing it with the reigning king of Schladming.

But if the weather eff's up the online feed I'm going to cry

Last edited:

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
Think the stage is about to get blown away!
What about the MS setup? That thing has gigantic sail written all over it.

This lightning is mental, i think lutze just filmed some of it, i'll get him to do a quick clip.

Also, bring on the mud! I don't think this could be a more perfect final. Oh and Spomer, rain and or snow all the way 'till monday now.

c2001

Paparazzi
Aug 10, 2001
where everyone is
Also, bring on the mud! I don't think this could be a more perfect final. Oh and Spomer, rain and or snow all the way 'till monday now.
that's so freaking sick! glad i don't have to be out in it, but can watch from the comfort of my easy chair, ha! man this is gonna be so sweet!

thanks for the updates you guys! dirt, fraser, sven, flipper, EVERYONE out there hustlin' for us stuck at home!

General Lee

Turbo Monkey
Oct 16, 2003
The 802
^^ Bar Hump!!!
No hander. not sure if you missed Spomer's post on the previous page:

I like how in the interview with Minnaar, Stik says he's been off the circuit 4 years and in that time everyone has gotten so much faster ("you've lost your minds"). I'd agree, in the past 2-3 seasons the speed those guys are going seems to have taken a huge step forward and a lot of fast guys have been spit out the back as a result. I've been off the back forever, but after after doing a few more WC's the past 3 seasons I'm spectating from now on. They're on a whole new level these days, and the number of young, no-name pinners is really impressive. However, the top 5 guys are just f'ing rediculous.

If you are a fan of DH racing and have never been to a world cup, book yourself a flight.

Last edited:

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
Rain stopped. Booze is flowing. Entire Freecaster team is now here. This weekend is going to be a party in the mud, so stoked for World Cup finals.

Oh in other news, I got hit by a crashing joey while trying to save Sven and my equipment and being about 6 feet off the damn course. I caught the bike... unfortunately the part i managed to grab was the cassette. Ouch. My hand is all torn up and really ****ing hurts.

Last edited:

PatBranch

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2004
wine country
There's no way the "Damn, Gee!" was photoshopped... That happens when you take pics of people talking. :rolleyes:

Damn, that's gnarly. Hopefully it's not your shutter button hand.

Sverre

Monkey
Aug 26, 2004
Norwaii
Awesome coverage so far! This will make it to the history books. I think I'm just as excited as the riders them self, haha :D

davetrump

Turbo Monkey
Jul 29, 2003
practice is done, course is still awesome even after it pissed rain all night... the terrain here sucks the moisture up like a sponge and there is no mud anywhere, all my gear is as clean as if it had just come out of the wash. i think the track is actually better to ride today than when dry on thursday.... so long as you are running spikes.

riding the track is by far the most fun i have had on a bike ever

Bernard

Chimp
Nov 13, 2004
The Netherlands
MTX (4X) will start in 3 hours. (1900)

Who's your money on? Is Alvarez going to extent this lead? What can we expect from Dan Atherton? Or is one of the Dutch outsiders taking this one home?

I'll put my money on Wichman!