Eastern States Cup

Turbo Monkey
Feb 29, 2008
East Coast

Eastern States Cup
World Cup Warm Up
At
Plattekill Bike Park
Plattekill Bike Park presents the World Cup Warm Up Downhill and Dual Slalom Races. The event will be held Friday August 20 to Sunday August 22, 2010. The World Cup Warm Up will proceed the 2010 World Cup Finals in Windham. Plattekill Bike Park is located in Roxbury, NY and is about 20 miles from The UCI Windham World Cup Finals site.

The Downhill will be the 6th Race of the Eastern States Cup USAC Regional Championship. The Eastern States Cup has drawn over 200 racers to every event at Plattekill Bike Park in 2010. The ESC has featured some of the world's best racers including World Champions, National Champions and UCI World Cup regulars to its races this year. Want to test yourself against the best racers in the world? Well here's your chance.

The Windham event is featuring “Citizen’s” Races in addition to the World Cup. Plattekill wanted to give all those fans and racers attending it another reason to bring their bikes and arrive early.

You can race/ride Friday to Sunday at Plattekill, then preride the World Cup and Citizen’s courses Monday thru Wednesday. Just before racing resumes Thursday at Windham. It is a perfect time to sample and race Plattekill’s world class trails and find out why World Cup Teams use our mountain for testing and training.

More info is available on our website: www.plattekill.com

Last edited:

Eastern States Cup

Turbo Monkey
Feb 29, 2008
East Coast
What course are they running? Triple Drop to Tribute?
you must have some inside info there. or maybe Triple Drops(upper skidmarks) to skidmarks to new cut?? I hear someone wants to play with one of the chainsaws??

While the race will be on the double side, the triple should be running Saturday and Sunday. The new transmission is in place and we want to make sure everything is working before running the next two races over there. We've been uncovering some old gems on the triple side this year.

Eastern States Cup

Turbo Monkey
Feb 29, 2008
East Coast
please do not race skidmarks
to many tires make trail no fun anymore
that ones a secret gem
I agree 100%. I'm still mad it was weed wacked, now the secret is very much over :( Good news is there are many other secret gems. Ronnie and I exchanged a pair last weekend that neither one of us knew about. It's amazing what you can find at Platty if you slow down a bit, which is hard to do.

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
I agree 100%. I'm still mad it was weed wacked, now the secret is very much over :( Good news is there are many other secret gems. Ronnie and I exchanged a pair last weekend that neither one of us knew about. It's amazing what you can find at Platty if you slow down a bit, which is hard to do.
Platty has so many criss crossing trails, you can get whiplash from just trying to spot stuff on your way down. :D

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I stand by my statement: "Platty has more forgotten trails than a lot of other mountains have ever had."

MM_Freak

Chimp
Oct 28, 2008
Western Mass.
I look forward to making my first trip out to Platty for this race. I've heard nothing but good things about the racing there. Not sure if I can make it Saturday and camp but I'll be there for Sunday for sure.

soul-skier

Monkey
May 18, 2009
Mother Nature
If you get off the double and take the cat2/3 course, whats the one down a bit to the left of the course and left of that flat rock drop to flat with the cliff sign? It dumps you out on the ski trail way above fun run. There is a gnarly chute / mandatory air riders left and a big A55 huck riders right that is presently totally overgrown.

Eastern States Cup

Turbo Monkey
Feb 29, 2008
East Coast
I know where you mean, not sure if there is a name for that but I remember when one pro hit it in practice it was quite the talk. That was about 7-8 years ago and for the life of me I cannot remember who it was. Maybe George Ryan or Lars Tribus?

So now I'm guessing Triple drops to jump trai to Dreadnought to ?

Jim Mac

MAKE ENDURO GREAT AGAIN
May 21, 2004
the middle east of NY
Rode both courses today. The pro/expert course is an enhanced version of the the June 2007 race course (2" of rain/lightning/thunder right after the pro's went down..:rolleyes:)

The Cat 2/3 course is pretty creative, I have to say - Patriot to the trail past Scotsman, eventually cutting over top the berm on fun run, then a slight uphill across a slope before joining up with the pro/exp course by the POC jump (going across it, not over). Both courses eventually dump out where the "Transcend" double jump used to be down to the finish.

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
Rode both courses today. The pro/expert course is an enhanced version of the the June 2007 race course (2" of rain/lightning/thunder right after the pro's went down..:rolleyes:)

The Cat 2/3 course is pretty creative, I have to say - Patriot to the trail past Scotsman, eventually cutting over top the berm on fun run, then a slight uphill across a slope before joining up with the pro/exp course by the POC jump (going across it, not over). Both courses eventually dump out where the "Transcend" double jump used to be down to the finish.
Woah. That sounds cool. What's the Pro-Ex course? Not familiar with it by the June '07 description.

Eastern States Cup

Turbo Monkey
Feb 29, 2008
East Coast
Come and join us for race #3 of the season at Plattekill, race #6 of the EASTERN STATES CUP SERIES AND 3 days of recreational riding starting this Friday! All ages & abilities are welcome!

$20 Friday tix for racers and $30 1-day tix & $40 2-day tix for non-racers.

This weekends "Pre" World Cup event hopes to bring new racers as we're just 1/2 hour from the UCI World Cup Finals taking place in Windham NY next weekend!!!

FRIDAY
9-3 Registration open
9-5 Race practice & freeriding

SATURDAY
9-3 Registration open
9-5 Race practice & freeriding
5-6 $10 Pasta Dinner

SUNDAY
8-10 Registation open
8-10:30 Race practice
8-5 Freeriding open
11 DH race begins

DhUrbaner

Chimp
Oct 9, 2006
The hike to the triple is like going to a DH race at Killington. It wold be a good warm up for next years race.

Huck Banzai

Turbo Monkey
May 8, 2005
Transitory
Im a spectator this week. My dumb ass keeps trying to ride on injuries, even raced and reinjured one of em last week.

I will be winning the upper lot by big margins tho.