Quantcast

Worlds 2006 - Rotorua NZ

Dec 25, 2003
Edinburgh, Scotland
4X footage is fantastic also, that track was fast and big! Will be interesting to see what next years Worlds 4X track is like, I know they plan to extend the current Fort Bill track but there is not much in the way of gradient above the current start.

HeyLady

Monkey
Apr 13, 2006
Concord, CA
No, the Worlds highlights are free on UCILive. Just click on the "Watch highlights" button and it will bring up a list of the events

Shepherdwong

Monkey
Apr 19, 2005
Whoa after watching the video it appeared that Peat had a mistake riddled run. Kovarak had a few blunders also. Hill's was perfect top to bottom.

Zutroy

Turbo Monkey
Dec 9, 2004
Ventura,CA
Yea that was a bunch of crap if you ask me. Doesent the UCI normally call people for that?
From what i've seen no......I'm trying to remember who was doing that in duel a few years ago on every run. I wanna say it was at Maribor.....maybe....he'd also take people out in the same turn evey run.

Cant Climb

Turbo Monkey
May 9, 2004
Lopes also had some comments on the course not being perfect.......
__

On the course: "It's not really that big. The biggest jump here is probably the table-top here at the end and it's about 30 feet. It's not really far at all for how fast we're going. The takeoffs are huge but the jumps aren't far enough. You really have to slow down for the jumps. It's probably too big for some people, but it's not because they are too big, it's because they're not built right. You shouldn't build jumps that are only 20 feet apart when you're going 35 miles an hour into them, they need to be 50 feet with a nice big safety-case. The only danger is how fast you hit them."

Akula_7

Monkey
Nov 15, 2004
In all honesty 4x racing this year on the World Cup circuit and at world's has been pretty bad. A few good heats here and there but overall poor.

The coverage of the world's was annoying as the cameras keep focusing on the leader even when there was a battle for 2nd.

The womens is a joke, Jill is in some other bicycle race. She needs to step up to DH, but that's just an opinion.

4x needs something big to happen, maybe if Prokop had only the one leg, things would be better?

And Brian Lopes has a weird attitude to racing now that he is ageing a bit, I'm not raging on him, so don't go jumping on the defenceive. He just seems to get all apathetic and bitchy when things don't go 100% he way, all the time.

heikkihall

Monkey
Dec 14, 2001
Durango, CO
And Brian Lopes has a weird attitude to racing now that he is ageing a bit, I'm not raging on him, so don't go jumping on the defenceive. He just seems to get all apathetic and bitchy when things don't go 100% he way, all the time.
I agree. Im not raging on him at all, actually I have a ton of respect for the guy and for what he has accomplished but his attitude does seem a bit wierd. I took a really close look at the footage of his wreck and although it looks as if there were some contact I do not think that it was that bad at all. Maybe it was the camera angle but when Guido came into Will Longden and Atherton in the rounds leading up to that the contact looked much much worse and somehow nothing was called. But someone made it sound like Lopes did not race the consolation because of an injury, or maybe it was a mechanical but seriously that crash looked pretty minimal. I understand he was probably angry at the situation but rubbing is racing and in an event like 4X stuff happens.

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
Stik must chime in at some point to throw sling and arrows at Bootes for his bullrush. He can't let Karim take all the blame...let the countdown start..................................................now!

blt2ride

Turbo Monkey
May 25, 2005
Chatsworth
I watched the 4x last night.....Guido looked like he was riding a demo deby....

Didn’t Guido have a questionable move with Lopes at the Scotland WC last season? I believe he pretty much slammed into him in a corner. I have to admit, I would be pretty mad if the same rider took me out twice.