Quantcast

Wouldn't it be great?

Damn True

Monkey Pimp
Sep 10, 2001
Between a rock and a hard place.
I normally care mostly about riding my bike, surfing, and the pursuit of the perfect woman, but:

WOULDN'T IT BE GREAT TO TURN ON THE TV AND HEAR ANY U.S. PRESIDENT,
DEMOCRAT OR REPUBLICAN GIVE THE FOLLOWING SPEECH?

My Fellow Americans:
As you all know, the defeat of Iraq regime has been completed. Since
congress does not want to spend any more money on this war, our mission
in Iraq is complete.

This morning I gave the order for a complete removal of all American
forces from Iraq. This action will be complete within 30 days. It is now
to begin the reckoning.

Before me, I have two lists. One list contains the names of countries
which have stood by our side during the Iraq conflict. This list is
short. The United Kingdom, Spain, Bulgaria, Australia, and Poland are
some of the countries listed there.

The other list contains everyone not on the first list. Most of the
world's nations are on that list. My press secretary will be
distributing copies of both lists later this evening.

Let me start by saying that effective immediately, foreign aid to those
nations on List 2 ceases immediately and indefinitely. The money saved
during the first year alone will pretty much pay for the costs of the
Iraqi war.

The American people are no longer going to pour money into third world
Hell-holes and watch those government leaders grow fat on corruption.

Need help with a famine? Wrestling with an epidemic? Call France.

In the future, together with Congress, I will work to redirect this
money toward solving the vexing social problems we still have at home.
On that note, a word to terrorist organizations. Screw with us and we
will hunt you down and eliminate you and all your friends from the face
of the earth. Thirsting for a gutsy country to terrorize? Try France, or
maybe China.

To Israel and the Palestinian Authority. Yo, boys. Work out a peace deal
now. Just note that Camp David is closed. Maybe all of you can go to
Russia for negotiations. They have some great palaces there. Big tables,
too. I am ordering the immediate severing of diplomatic relations with
France, Germany, and Russia. Thanks for all your help, comrades. We are
retiring from NATO as well. Bon chance, mes amis. I have instructed the
Mayor of New York City to begin towing the many UN diplomatic vehicles
located in Manhattan with more than two unpaid parking tickets to sites
where those vehicles will be stripped, shredded and crushed. I don't
care about whatever treaty pertains to this. You creeps have tens of
thousands of unpaid tickets. Pay those tickets tomorrow or watch your
precious Benzes, Beamers, and limos be turned over to some of the finest
chop shops in the world. I love New York.

A special note to our neighbors. Canada is on List 2. Since we are
likely to be seeing a lot more of each other, you folks might want to
try not pissing us off for a change. Mexico is also on List 2. President
Fox and his entire corrupt government really need an attitude
adjustment. I will have a couple extra tank and infantry divisions
sitting around. Guess where I am going to put em? Yep, border security.
So start doing something with your oil. Oh, by the way, the United
States is abrogating the NAFTA treaty - starting now.

We are tired of the one-way highway.

It is time for America to focus on its own welfare and its own citizens.
Some will accuse us of isolationism. I answer them by saying, "darn
tootin."

Nearly a century of trying to help folks live a decent life around the
world has only earned us the undying enmity of just about everyone on
the planet. It is time to eliminate hunger in America. It is time to
eliminate homelessness in America. It is time to eliminate World Cup
Soccer from America. To the nations on List 1, a final thought. Thanks
guys. We owe you and
we won't forget. To the nations on List 2, a final thought. Drop dead.

God bless America.
Thank you and good night.

If you can read this, thank a teacher. If you are reading it in English,
thank a soldier.

ALEXIS_DH

Tirelessly Awesome
Jan 30, 2003
Lima, Peru, Peru
hahahahahahaha, it would be great actually.

the problem is the US doesnt do it not because its against its altruism, but because if the US did so, where are the US biz (the ones who rule the US) gonna loot if they are called back home and lost their "police" to open markets and destroy competition???

without the "police" who is gonna leverage markets, remove protectionistic gvmts?? who is gonna enforce the asskicking and keep the oil from skyrocketing to 200bucks a barrel??
without the "aid", how are you gonna buy foreign politicians? what are you gonna use to bribe them now???

actually that post sounds awesome. even though it screams an awesome ignorance on the causes/effects on the US foreign policy, and its vertical relationship with others.

but its truly awesome on a dream-world level, assuming the US was the altruistic police of the world, not the police for the US. and its getting the sour end of the deal.

but in reality why hasnt it been done already, other than what i think????

why the US isnt isolationist if as you suggests, its the best for its interests???
NRRRRRRRRRRRR, WRONG!!!, its not.
the best for its interests (or better said, for the interest of those who rule it) is to keep the present establishment, EVEN at the present cost, and socializing the costs (like anti-US terrorism, the patriot act, reduciton of civil liberties, or the thousands of soldiers killed and their families in the name of this establishment, etc) on every US-er.

sad thing 48% of them are republicans who are actually happy with the socializing of costs, and think they are getting a sweet kick-ass deal, or feel themselves part of this ruling-class with the crumbs they get from the tax cuts, and even sadder the soldiers used to enforce this, being them the ones at more risk of paying the cost of this with their biggest asset, their lives.
but... whatever rocks their boat.

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
"Frankly, nothing concerning foreign policy ever occurred to me until the middle of the last decade. I'd been writing about foreign countries and foreign affairs and foreigners for years. But you can own dogs all your life and not have "dog policy".

You have rules, yes - Get off the couch! - and training, sure. We want the dumb creatures to be well behaved and friendly. So we feed foreigners, take care of them, give them treats, and, when absolutely necessary, whack them with a rolled-up newspaper."

-PJ O'Rourke

http://www.ridemonkey.com/forums/showthread.php?t=97326

valve bouncer

Master Dildoist
Feb 11, 2002
Japan
fluff said:
Ditto for the UK.
Yeah List 1 sounds like all the rich nerds at school that want the other kids to like them so they throw a big party and everybody goes and drinks their beer and eats their food but at the end of the day they're still nerds and crybabies that no-one wants to hang out with.

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
valve bouncer said:
Sorry N8, I must have missed that, remind me again what or who America is protecting Australia from?
Well, we'll just have to see. Last time it was the Empire of Japan... maybe next time prehaps the Kiwi's will take you.

valve bouncer

Master Dildoist
Feb 11, 2002
Japan
N8 said:
Well, we'll just have to see. Last time it was the Empire of Japan... maybe next time prehaps the Kiwi's will take you.
Remind me again how that skirmish with Japan started? OWNED again I see N8, nice try and thanks for playing. Next time I need a dupe I'll call. That will be all.

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
valve bouncer said:
Remind me again how that skirmish with Japan started? OWNED again I see N8, nice try and thanks for playing. Next time I need a dupe I'll call. That will be all.
Even I'm gonna call you on that one, VB. C'mon. The East Asia Co-Prosperity Sphere knew America was a huge problem for its designs, and wasn't exactly aussie-friendly either. America knew the fight was coming, sure, but they didn't start it. What else would America do but wait for that first move by Japan, then proceed to kick the sh1t out of it? And as I recall, Oz wasn't too broken up about the mutual help from/for America or the end of Japanese aggression.

People are so fed up with America these days that they want to see everything America has ever done/been involved with through the lens of contemporary affairs.

MD

valve bouncer

Master Dildoist
Feb 11, 2002
Japan
MikeD said:
Even I'm gonna call you on that one, VB. C'mon. The East Asia Co-Prosperity Sphere knew America was a huge problem for its designs, and wasn't exactly aussie-friendly either. America knew the fight was coming, sure, but they didn't start it. What else would America do but wait for that first move by Japan, then proceed to kick the sh1t out of it? And as I recall, Oz wasn't too broken up about the mutual help from/for America or the end of Japanese aggression.

People are so fed up with America these days that they want to see everything America has ever done/been involved with through the lens of contemporary affairs.

MD
So basically what you are saying is that 2 countries friendly to each other and facing a common enemy joined forces to repel that threat? Seems like what happened to me. To hear fools like N8 tell it, it was like the Aussies just sat back and let the Americans do all the work while they drank 4X in the pub. The Aussies did their part mate and more besides.
I'm still waiting for N8 to tell me what threat the Americans are gonna save us from this time around.

MikeD

Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
valve bouncer said:
So basically what you are saying is that 2 countries friendly to each other and facing a common enemy joined forces to repel that threat? Seems like what happened to me. To hear fools like N8 tell it, it was like the Aussies just sat back and let the Americans do all the work while they drank 4X in the pub. The Aussies did their part mate and more besides.
I'm still waiting for N8 to tell me what threat the Americans are gonna save us from this time around.
Ah, so...

Did Poland help out, too? Can't denigrate other members of our coalitions, now...

MikeD

Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
Oh, you're probably not watching the American presidential debates, are ya? Forget I mentioned Poland.

Cool link. I'd love to have seen the broadcast.

valve bouncer

Master Dildoist
Feb 11, 2002
Japan
MikeD said:
Oh, you're probably not watching the American presidential debates, are ya? Forget I mentioned Poland.

Cool link. I'd love to have seen the broadcast.
Yeah, you and me both. Suffice is to say that that show (4 Corners) is far and away the best investigative journalism type show on Australian TV. As for the debates, well I could have watched them but political debating on TV makes me cringe. Not that interested really.

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
MikeD said:
Ah, so...

Did Poland help out, too? Can't denigrate other members of our coalitions, now...
"Don't forget Poland!" ~ Bush was so happy that he remembered one of our friends that he couldn't contain his sh:t eatin' grin.

ohio

The Fresno Kid
Nov 26, 2001
SF, CA
DT, enjoy living in your cave with your $500 sneakers and $50,000 computer. When you can't find wood to build a shelter (Canada), rubber for your car tires (SA), or affordable consumer goods (Asia, Indian Sub-Continent), or basic minerals/metals with which to build industrial goods (Africa, Russia, SA), don't come crying to me.

Silver

find me a tampon
Jul 20, 2002
Orange County, CA
valve bouncer said:
Religious extremists. I can't tell who is going to be a bigger problem though, poor Muslims or rich Christians. It's a toss up at this point...

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
Silver said:
Religious extremists. I can't tell who is going to be a bigger problem though, poor Muslims or rich Christians. It's a toss up at this point...
How dare you ignore jews!

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
Damn True said:
I normally care mostly about riding my bike, surfing, and the pursuit of the perfect woman, but:

WOULDN'T IT BE GREAT TO TURN ON THE TV AND HEAR ANY U.S. PRESIDENT,
DEMOCRAT OR REPUBLICAN GIVE THE FOLLOWING SPEECH?

God bless America.
Thank you and good night.

thank a soldier.
ALEXIS_DH said:
hahahahahahaha, it would be great actually.

the problem is the US doesnt do it not because its against its altruism, but because if the US did so, where are the US biz (the ones who rule the US) gonna loot if they are called back home and lost their "police" to open markets and destroy competition???

actually that post sounds awesome. even though it screams an awesome ignorance on the causes/effects on the US foreign policy, and its vertical relationship with others.
Yah the notion of the first post screams of a whiney "i'm taking my marbles and going home waaaah". i really like the second post from that has the perception that should be evident to us that our foreign policy has nothing to do with noble causes, it's always been self serving. And knowing that many times it doesn't serve the American people would lead to better discretion in us choosing our leaders. There are a few isolationists that pop up from time to time that make it to office, i believe there is a Republican Senator from Texas who critizes our foreign policy in Iraq but you never hear from him, instead you get retards like Zel Miller threatening to shoot some doofus on a news channel in a duel. That's what bi partisanship is all about nowadays, or at least what major media gives us. But hey it's good for business so may as well crack a beer and get a few laughs at it all right?
i like the idea of creating more of an isolationist stance in our affairs personally, but not for the reasons above. i say if misinformation and misguided nationalism got us into this mess, no need cryin about it, just gotta keep working to do the best job we can, and do our best to avoid repeating mistakes by holding our elected officials accountable.
Problem is people somehow believe being critical is somehow unpatriotic. Which goes to the reason of why i say and take notes here Burly, anybody but Bush.....

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
Damn True said:
thank a soldier.
Hmm well then next time it's dumping out rain outside and your sitting in your office or home all comfy and cozy. Thank a roofer. ;) :p

Damn True

Monkey Pimp
Sep 10, 2001
valve bouncer said:
A bunch of ANZACs saved my grandfathers units a$$ on Corrigedor (sp?).
I gots nuthin but love for the ANZACs contribution in WWII.

Damn True

Monkey Pimp
Sep 10, 2001
ohio said:
DT, enjoy living in your cave with your $500 sneakers and $50,000 computer. When you can't find wood to build a shelter (Canada), rubber for your car tires (SA), or affordable consumer goods (Asia, Indian Sub-Continent), or basic minerals/metals with which to build industrial goods (Africa, Russia, SA), don't come crying to me.

sat·ire
Pronunciation: 'sa-"tIr
Function: noun
Etymology: Middle French or Latin; Middle French, from Latin satura, satira, perhaps from (lanx) satura dish of mixed ingredients, from feminine of satur well-fed; akin to Latin satis enough -- more at SAD
1 : a literary work holding up human vices and follies to ridicule or scorn
2 : trenchant wit, irony, or sarcasm used to expose and discredit vice or folly

valve bouncer

Master Dildoist
Feb 11, 2002
Japan
Damn True said:
A bunch of ANZACs saved my grandfathers units a$$ on Corrigedor (sp?).
I gots nuthin but love for the ANZACs contribution in WWII.
Glad to hear it DT. I think the acronym "ANZAC" (Australia and New Zealand Army Corps) actually refers only to WW1. I'd have to google it to be sure though. Colloquially Australians soldiers are knowns as "Diggers" much as your guys are "GIs".

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
valve bouncer said:
Glad to hear it DT. I think the acronym "ANZAC" (Australia and New Zealand Army Corps) actually refers only to WW1. I'd have to google it to be sure though. Colloquially Australians soldiers are knowns as "Diggers" much as your guys are "GIs".
Yep. Anzacs are predominantly remembered as WW1 guys. Do a google on the battle of Galipoli or Anzac day and you boys'll learn a thing or two. I had to emcee an anzac day ceremony at the punchbowl in Hawaii once and had to do alot of research on it.