Quantcast

Wow, how creepy is this?

jasride

Turbo Monkey
Sep 23, 2006
PA
aint that similar technology to those Charles Schwab commercials that just turn actual video into animated cartoon looking characters?

Either way, I'd take her to my virtual haven.

ultraNoob

Yoshinoya Destroyer
Jan 20, 2007
Hills of Paradise
aint that similar technology to those Charles Schwab commercials that just turn actual video into animated cartoon looking characters?

Either way, I'd take her to my virtual haven.
Not really. As you said, those commercials use video, edited to look like a cartoon.

Emily (damn she's hawt), is completely computer generated.

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
Not really. As you said, those commercials use video, edited to look like a cartoon.

Emily (damn she's hawt), is completely computer generated.

They used a technique called interpolated rotoscoping on those Scwab spots It is nothing new really. Remember A-Ha's video "Take On Me"? No, prolly not.

Non graphics people think there is a filter to run to get that effect....if only it were that easy.

pedalkicker

Monkey
Jun 3, 2008
earth
She could be the next newscaster for Fox, no teleprompter necessary! Turing Test, Blade Runner, when will get physical interaction?

Kevin

Turbo Monkey
That was f.ucking weird. The mouth movement was off a lot, but still looks really good. Is that going to be a game or something, or just a preview of what you can get on a ps3 or whatever?
Its a game called Heavy Rain but this is only a technical prototype model which is gonna be used for other stuff.
Heres a link to the latest on it... The page is in dutch but the movie is in English.
That footage is 2years old so the game will look even better.

http://games.fok.nl/news.php?newsid=26800

Last edited: