Quantcast

Wretching Wednesday

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
A short bed is a go kart disguised as a truck. A crew cab is a station wagon disguised as a truck. Pickup trucks, in general, suck.
There are plenty of legitimate reasons to own a pickup. It's just that 95% of pickup owners live on Whitebread lane, in McMansion Hell, USA, and don't actually have any of those reasons. These people are why short bed, quad cabs are a thing, which, if God was real and merciful, would not exist.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
I hold that one should make no unnecessary changes to dwelling, grounds, or plantings until having lived on premise a full year, better two, so as to understand something of the nature of the place. Hasty decisions are often regrettable.
I think it was almost a decade before we did anything to the house... except the roof, but the hail and insurance made us do that.

I'm a big proponent of living with what you have, unless it's a maintenance thing...

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
There are plenty of legitimate reasons to own a pickup. It's just that 95% of pickup owners live on Whitebread lane, in McMansion Hell, USA, and don't actually have any of those reasons. These people are why short bed, quad cabs are a thing, which, if God was real and merciful, would not exist.
This sounds disturbingly accurate...

Except that I have a long bed quad cab.

And we bought it because of the most important reason of all: the wife wanted a pickup truck. :D

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Hey, compensating for masculine inadequacies is a damn good reason.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Afternoon. Still dumping the white stuff outside. If it slows down a little, we're going to head out on the sleds with the girls. If not, then we will tomorrow night after school/work. Oldest monkey spawn turned 12 yesterday....Yes, 12 (for you old-timers that remember when I was prego with her). Tomorrow is Sq-Earl's birthday and Prime is failing me....ordered him a new snowmobile helmet and it was supposed to be delivered yesterday...nothing and I'm thinking nothing today in this storm either. Maybe it'll be here tomorrow. Think I'll make a cup of tea and watch it snow for a bit.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
We have an extended cab and regular size bed. It is used as a truck by both of us and has been well worth the investment! Plus, it hauls our tiny house on wheels while carrying all of our toys!

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
Another day, driving to work next to sports cars stuck behind busses, past homeless junkies, and bloated asses in blue jeans. God bless this town.

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
Vision is slowly returning. Man, the first couple days were rough. Poop schedule is all out of whack.

“Whatchibg” Octopussy.

Could be worse.
That movie made no sense. Clowns? Safari hunts? Fabergé eggs??? WTF?

Onto A View to a Kill. Walken will be less crazy, I’m sure...

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Ugh, just finished my 11th back-to-back meeting today, from 8:00am until now. :dead:

We got snow, then rain, still raining now. I wanted to clear the snow before the rain began but meeting schedule gods were not supportive. :mad:

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Another day, driving to work next to sports cars stuck behind busses, past homeless junkies, and bloated asses in blue jeans. God bless this town.
if interested.....fu manchu is playing ameoba hollywood this week......

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Fun fact. Food poisoning isn't really a "food" issue but probably norovirus or rotavirus. Most likely from indirect contact with someone who didn't wash their hands after taking a dump.

Get better, and wash your hands.
Mmm poop

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
interesting week at work. got intel on who one of the finalists was for our new director. he was a bad choice. worked various back channels. he is no longer a finalist.

wife got back from work trip. i managed to not kill/damage the kids while she was away.

finally finished new to me bike. shakedown ride needed. might have to swap coil from 500# to 450#...or else get fatter. we’ll see. pics tomorrow.

breakfast stouts have been drunk.

carry on.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
My truck actually gets used to Haul and tow heavy shit unlike 99% of the urban cowboys in their pick up grocery getters. the whole rig scales at close to 20,000 pounds

the hole in the ozone is apparent....

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
My truck actually gets used to Haul and tow heavy shit unlike 99% of the urban cowboys in their pick up grocery getters. the whole rig scales at close to 20,000 pounds

Looks like the wife is just compensating for your inadequacies with a large muscular animal and a truck.