Quantcast

WTB: 26" Dirt Jump Bike

Zenkis14

Monkey
Sep 20, 2009
Im looking to buy a used, possibly couple year old Dirt Jump bike with a 80-110mm front fork. Im going to be using it for Dirt Jumping and Dual Slalom racing. Nothing totally trashed, but it doesnt have to be all top-end parts either, and the simpler the better (single speed, rear only brake, disc etc)

Looking to spend $400, and trying to find an aluminum framed bike. However, i will consider anything 4130 Cromo, with or without gears, with or without tires/tubes, as long as it is a Med-large sized frame with at least rear disc.

What should i be looking for?

I've been searching high and low for STP, P-Series, Chase, Voltage. But my budget is pretty much at 400, so i dont mind getting an older bike. Really hoping to find an 07 of 08 STP thats bone stock that someone gave up on riding.

Im open to all bikes and all brands though, as long as they can fit the budget, lemme know what else i should be looking for! If you have any oddball brands or anything else...

Thanks!
-Kyle

eaterofdog

ass grabber
Sep 8, 2006
Central Florida
Yeah you got to snag them up. Be sure to browse all the listings, I swear people can't spell worth a ****. I picked up my new DMR frame and Marz fork for $175. Passed another deal on to my bro for clean P1 for $375. All within the last couple months. If you were around here, I'd let you look at the Roscoe I have for sale.

Zenkis14

Monkey
Sep 20, 2009
Haha I actually worked for a Fisher dealer over the summer and almost bought a Roscoe! Love that bike!

Although im definately looking for a hardtail DJ/DS bike!

sixgun_sound

Monkey
Sep 24, 2007
Yakima, WA
Yeah, you kind of have to just get on craigslist once a day until you find something. I bought my first bike, an STP, from craigslist. I also sold it there when I was done with it. Just hold out until you see something.

sixgun_sound

Monkey
Sep 24, 2007
Yakima, WA
That's awesome dude, I hope you got a good deal. I loved mine too. Rode it for about a year, and then I got a chromoly frame. I'm 220lbs, and it held up just fine riding big jumps most of the time.

Zenkis14

Monkey
Sep 20, 2009
Im a pretty small guy (155lbs), so I shouldnt have any trouble! :D

Although, the guy just emailed me telling me shipping was more expensive than he had thought, so Im hoping everything works out ok still! I have Regionals Collegiate Dual Slalom race in about 2 weeks!

Does anyone have any advice on which method is the cheapest to ship a bike? Its going from Virginia to Missouri

sittingduck

Turbo Monkey
Jun 22, 2007
Oregon
They all have shipping calculators.
UPS ground will probably be the cheapest though.
Check it yourself, and let the guy know what you find. You'll need the of the size and weight of the package.

Zenkis14

Monkey
Sep 20, 2009
Well i think he went ahead and shipped it anyway. IDK what he paid for shipping, but either way, as of right now i have a valid tracking number! so i cant wait to get it!