Quantcast

Wtf

WhoRyder

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2007
NYC
So i went riding today Thanksgiving at the Local Spot (Brooklyn Banks) to practice on some simple this...

After i get home i realized i tweaked my back bad.. WTF....

This happened last time i rode my DJ bike a few weeks back. What could i be doing wrong?

Savage_Animal

Monkey
Feb 3, 2008
Norcal
I have had lots of problems with my back in the past directly related to riding. but I seem to get it under control now. Do you have a strong core? That prevents a lot of back injuries right off the bat. Also sometimes my back gets stiff and tweaked out if I ride for a long time or i'm doing something weird on the the bike and what helps that is cracking it and taking the pressure off. If you have a friend or someone lay down on the grownd and have them push on your spine and you should get quite a bit of cracks.

v-digit

Turbo Monkey
Apr 3, 2006
Brooklyn, NY
first of all, you MUST stretch before you ride.
then another way to hurt your back is yanking on the bars.
a huge mistake alot of people do is pull up on the bars instead of leaning way back and pulling back, then when you tuck u push forward.
u shouldnt be yanking up with your arms and back at all, unless u're hoppin over hand rails and jersey barriers.

get better bro

WhoRyder

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2007
NYC
I'll be aiight, i'm cool, just a stiff back...

I htink i need to make my core stronger... more sit ups and working out for me... Yo Vas, we meeting up @ Owls Head tomorrow?

buckoW

Turbo Monkey
Mar 1, 2007
Champery, Switzerland
Try stretching your hamstrings before riding. Sometimes they get tight from riding with a low seat and then they pull on your pelvis making the base of your spine be a little off. I have to stretch my hamstrings before I ride or else I have to take a couple of days off after I ride. Good luck.