Quantcast

Wtf???

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Originally posted by N8
I see in the mainstream US press that the Iraqi terrorists/murders are now called "rebels"... yeah... "rebels"...

:dead:

Read It
You link pictures of burnt corpses being hacked with a shovel and what you find the most disturbing is the use of the the word "rebel". Glad to see your political sensitivity is right on target.:rolleyes:

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
Originally posted by Westy
You link pictures of burnt corpses being hacked with a shovel and what you find the most disturbing is the use of the the word "rebel". Glad to see your political sensitivity is right on target.:rolleyes:
It's that the main stream US press is refering to the murdering bastards who did that as rebels... why?

Is it an effort to dumb down the war...???

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Originally posted by N8
It's that the main stream US press is refering to the murdering bastards who did that as rebels... why?

Is it an effort to dumb down the war...???
rebel

\Reb"el\, n. [F. rebelle.] One who rebels.

Syn: Revolter; insurgent.

Usage: Rebel, Insurgent. Insurgent marks an early, and rebel a more advanced, stage of opposition to government. The former rises up against his rulers, the latter makes war upon them.

Symantics really. Rebel seems to fit the description to me, as would terrorist. Get your panties in a bunch when they start calling them freedom fighters.

fluff

Monkey Turbo
Sep 8, 2001
Feeling the lag
Originally posted by N8
I see in the mainstream US press that the Iraqi terrorists/murders are now called "rebels"... yeah... "rebels"...

:dead:

Read It
It's only a word. Anyway it does seem more accurate than terrorists.

No name justifies the deeds btw.

brenth

Monkey
Jun 14, 2002
Santa Monica
it seems to me that thats what they are. Its not like the word rebel makes them seem warm and fuzzy or anything. I mean, those are some ****ed up pictures right there of some evil bastards.

Silver

find me a tampon
Jul 20, 2002
Orange County, CA
Seems to me you have the most correct word being used there.

Or is towelheadedmurderbomberfreedomhatingislamicterrorcombantant the preferred nomenclature now?

derekbob

Monkey
Sep 4, 2003
Chico
Just because you have a poster of Johnny Yuma and a confederate flag in your garage dosent mean "rebel" is a term of endearment.

golgiaparatus

Out of my element
Aug 30, 2002
Deep in the Jungles of Oklahoma
Originally posted by Westy
rebel

\Reb"el\, n. [F. rebelle.] One who rebels.

Syn: Revolter; insurgent.

Usage: Rebel, Insurgent. Insurgent marks an early, and rebel a more advanced, stage of opposition to government. The former rises up against his rulers, the latter makes war upon them.

Symantics really. Rebel seems to fit the description to me, as would terrorist. Get your panties in a bunch when they start calling them freedom fighters.
Rebel=Luke Skywalker :eek: