Quantcast

X.9 Shifter Q

konahucker43

Monkey
Jul 18, 2004
central NY
Inside the shifter pod the little spiral silver metal piece has 2 little hooks. i am trying to figure out where they hook and i cant get that piece in. does anyone maybe have some advice or even possiblely a diagram of where the 2 hooks catch on the shifter. Any help is Appreciated

kurt

w00dy

In heaven there is no beer
Jun 18, 2004
that's why we drink it here
That sounds like a spring, and it sounds like you took it too far apart.

If you can't find a manual on the SRAM website for it with detailed instructions take it to a shop. Be careful not to lose anything.

GotMyGED

Monkey
Mar 29, 2006
Knoxville
Thats the only thing I hate about SRAM....if you take it apart, 500,000 springs shoot out. At least with Shimano, you can take it apart, look at it, and make some kind of sense out of how it works.

Jun 18, 2004
konahucker43 said:
Inside the shifter pod the little spiral silver metal piece has 2 little hooks. i am trying to figure out where they hook and i cant get that piece in. does anyone maybe have some advice or even possiblely a diagram of where the 2 hooks catch on the shifter. Any help is Appreciated

kurt
I took an x9 apart once and put it back together... the second time it unraveled like a swiss watch...

I asked about a diagram when I called SRAM... they said send in the pod and we'll fix it for free... I said why, because it's like a swiss watch inside there?... and the guy chuckled, and said they're kinda complicated to rebuild...

and when I opened the package wallah! It wasn't my SRAM X9 pod that they sent me, it was a new one... that was free even...