Quantcast

x post from lounge - lost helmet in showshoe

tmx

aka chromegoddess
Mar 16, 2003
Portland
If anyone knows the whereabouts of the gray/black carbon fiber 661 full-face with no additional identifying stickers/paint job left at the bike wash outside Shavers Center saturday late afternoon at the Snowshoe national, please PM me at your earliest convenience.

I will be at Mt. Snow in a pink Team Outback jersey, got a Brooklyn, drive a white Astro with NY plates. If you don't spot any of that, you can also leave it with someone at the Avalanche pits. If you drop it off when I'm not around, please make sure to leave your contact info so I can send a little goodie to thank you for your efforts.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Terry
foolish monkey

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Ugh - I hope your lid returns to you safe and sound Terry. Did you just forget it - or did it vanish by being sucked up by all that West Virginia/Snowshoe Mud I saw in the pics?

How did you finish at Snowshoe?

Good luck at Mt. Snow

Rip it up in VT!!

Mark

tmx

aka chromegoddess
Mar 16, 2003
Portland
thanks mark. i'm the yack that left it behind, but i sure wish i could blame it on the mud. i was very involved in cleaning my bike of the mud, so in a way, it is the muds fault, right?

except for that really foolish mistake, wv was a blast! cool to see my crazy race friends from across the nation...oh wait! the world. :) and get some awesome riding in. as far as i know, there were no tragic injuries and that's always a good thing.

you going to vermont too? come say hi if you are. hey! how's your new bike??

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
chromegoddess said:
thanks mark. i'm the yack that left it behind, but i sure wish i could blame it on the mud. i was very involved in cleaning my bike of the mud, so in a way, it is the muds fault, right?

except for that really foolish mistake, wv was a blast! cool to see my crazy race friends from across the nation...oh wait! the world. :) and get some awesome riding in. as far as i know, there were no tragic injuries and that's always a good thing.

you going to vermont too? come say hi if you are. hey! how's your new bike??
I say blame it on the mud! :D

Glad you had a blast at Snowshoe! Who did you get to meet? Anyone for the first time?

I plan on riding the 24 Hours of Dalton course on Saturday and may drive up to Mt. Snow for Sunday with Douglas - not sure yet.

And the Prowler kicks major ass in my opinion. I think the Romic shock has a lot to do with the enjoyment level I'm taking in while riding this new bike!! Fun Fun Fun - can't wait to take it to a mountain and bomb down on it. :thumb:

tmx

aka chromegoddess
Mar 16, 2003
Portland
Helmet needs me. Please help us get back together again. I'm sorry I left it behind. It was wrong of me to disregard Helmet, especially after it had served me so well during our brief stint together. I should never have exhibited such gross neglect. I want it back, and need it to carry on in.

Where's a good Air Supply soundtrack when you need it?

tmx

aka chromegoddess
Mar 16, 2003
Portland
i know, it's lame. i won't do it again. i've never lost a helmet before ever. forgot it once on a shuttle run, but never lost one.

i have an old motocross helmet i could use, but i LOVE that 661 and want it back. you didn't see anyone running through the munich airport on a flight in from west virginia with it, DID YOU???!!!

tmx

aka chromegoddess
Mar 16, 2003
Portland
GravityFreakTJ said:
Sorry bout your helmet.You were on the chrome Brooklynn w/ Pink decals right? You cheated anyway with two starts and all :p .Hope your helmet shows up,do they have a lost and found?
haha. can you believe those plonkers! all the officials up there said that the next set of beeps were mine. the lady even said "go". then all of a sudden i hear them all yelling for me to stop. grrrrrrrr. you'd think the organization had never put a race on before. hrmphh.

snowshoe has a pretty efficient lost and found system and have my contact info. still no helmet. :(

tmx

aka chromegoddess
Mar 16, 2003
Portland
Wow! This is amazing. Thanks so much for letting me know. I'm so happy (and EXTREMELY lucky!!!)