Quantcast

x-post from SORBA forum

DVNT

Turbo Monkey
Jul 16, 2004
Now step up the the plate all you DH/freeriders.....October 9th (saturday) you can spent the whole day working on nothing but freeride stuff at Central Park. (forsyth co. 30 min North of 285)

It is a done deal, Jon E. (aka DVNT) is RAMBO's contact point for building an obstacle area and incorporating freeride and DH "stuff" at our central park project. We have permission from Forsyth Co to proceed with planning and (with review and approval...no problems expected here) construction ASAP. This means a permanent, established area(s) for all you suspension freaks!

Jon has our maps and walked the property on his own last weekend (I like the initiative he has shown here!) and can express to the DH/freeride community, what we see as potential for a very unique and fun place to ride for all of "us".

There are a lot of issues for planning to work out and I will ask anyone interested to contact Jon or myself is you have any questions.

DVNT

Turbo Monkey
Jul 16, 2004
Ok, the Rockbottomfreeride site is fud up....

post your suggestions here.
Here' a map with the layout of the area. I know it's not a ton of space but it's PERMANENT and Forsyth county just got a bunch more land for parks...meaning that if we can make this work we could have another area with steeper terrain that is roughly 160 acres close to lake lanier.

Aerial Photo of Freeride section

Let me know if my flash sucks.

BrettR

Chimp
Sep 11, 2004
I don't know if this fits too well with the topic, btu its semi-close. Is 4x/DS included in Sorba or would that be something different?

DVNT

Turbo Monkey
Jul 16, 2004
Yeah it will be if things pan out. Trying to get the space to build a decent track is the first step. Otherwise the only thing around are BMX ones. Mansell has a DS course in bad need of help, we are working on trying to keep it but the city might have other plans.

So to answer your question, yep in the future they will be included. I wanted to fit in 4x at the Central Park project but there doesn't look like there will be room.