Quantcast

X-type drive system

Natedogg

Monkey
Jun 10, 2003
Mazzzzchappi
Anyone know anything about an "adapter kit" made by RaceFace to convert an 83mm x-type bb to a 73mm? I get the feeling that the "kit" only contains a shorter plastic sleeve that protects the spindle and a few extra spacers. I was told twice by the Santa Cruz tech to get it for my VP Free to make my Saint (805) cranks work, but no one seems to know anything about it...

Also, is it kosher to put spacers outboard of the bearing cups? I need to push my cranks out to get the 57.5mm chainline...

SKYWAYBUZZ

Monkey
Mar 16, 2002
Pittsburgh, PA.
I use headset spacers outside the cups on a Saint 805 and no plastic sleeve at all on a M3 with 78mm BB. Shimano tech had a fit but sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do.

Natedogg

Monkey
Jun 10, 2003
Mazzzzchappi
I use headset spacers outside the cups on a Saint 805 and no plastic sleeve at all on a M3 with 78mm BB. Shimano tech had a fit but sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do.
Eh, thats funny--Im doing exactly that right now. No plastic sleeve and a headset spacer outboard of the cup. Cool, so Im not as much of an idgit as I thunk I were--either that or there are peepul out there as stoopid as me is. :cheers: