Quantcast

XC on Inca Trails - Amazing MTB Trip in Peru

wayodh

Chimp
Nov 24, 2006
Peru
I want to share with all the community of Ridemonkey this amazing XC trip in Peru. We have ridden on the main Inca Trail, the one that goes from Ecuador to Argentina, and also other Inca Trails like the Inca Trail to Machu Picchu (just a part of it), and other Inca Trails in Cuzco. All the tour is totally legal, we didn't violate any laws or something like that. By the other way we helped poor people on our way and they recieved us with their arms wide open, giving us on the mountains some potatoes, cheese, chicha de jora and a very hard alcoholic beverage called cañazo.

We were a group of six riders: one from Chile, two from Canada, one from USA and two excellent guides from Peru. For all of us it was the best mountain bike trip of all our lives.

We started our 10 day tour in the city of Andahuaylas, crossing the landing track of the airport on our bikes! All the rides were on amazing singletracks and most of them going downhill. That was very good because the altitude makes very hard for a climbing tour. We had amazing days in Peru, having in some cases trails with more than 1,500 meters of vertical descends.

Along the Inca Trails, we found many of Inca sites, all of them amazing by its peculiar architecture and the unthinkable location.

The trails were amazing too. I think that the Incas made these trails thinking in the future and in mountain biking, eventhough they didn't knew the wheel. I think that I can be writting for hours and never finish describing the amazing of this trip, so I prefer to post some pictures of my trip. The complete photo album is on: http://community.webshots.com/user/XCTripPeru but I want to finish with some good pics of the trip.

If anyone wants more information about this tour please contact me: wayo@inkasadventures.com and I will make it a real adventure for you.

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
This post actually got me to stop and look and post in the "Passion" forum on MTBR which is a rarity.
On this forum it really belongs in the Ride Reports forum so more people can look at it.
It's a gem.

Really like the last picture, nice shot.

:cheers:

wayodh

Chimp
Nov 24, 2006
Peru
Thanx, I'm trying to promote this tour to all the biking community. I think it is a good trip for everyone who is looking for this.
I'll be happy to show this trails to the world!

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
Nice, i think if something is cool enough people don't mind if you try showing off.

If i were you i'd post the picture of the Inca village ruins,
and post the last picture in the Lounge,
with a link of this thread to bring more people in to see.

Then in future posts put them in the Ride Reports forum,
i personally find it fascinating to see rides from all over the globe.
i think people here would love to check it out.

bluebug32

Asshat
Jan 14, 2005
Floating down the Hudson
Amazing pics! I was recently in ecuador and the galapagos islands and was stunned by the beauty of this part of the world. Throw a bike in the mix and an already once-in-a-lifetime trip would be out of this world!