Quantcast

xc ride...... dh style. (Saturday 1/13)

tgreathead

Monkey
Jan 14, 2005
Los Angeles
hmmmm...last time we were up there we asked the guys if they would load our DH bikes for a 12pack...they didn't seem to mind....
Ya, last time I was there we asked what kind of beer they liked and they happily told us not to worry about it. Must have been different guys this time.

W4S

Turbo Monkey
Mar 2, 2004
Back in Hell A, b1thces
Ya, last time I was there we asked what kind of beer they liked and they happily told us not to worry about it. Must have been different guys this time.
Doubt it, this is pretty typical lift op downward spiral. the season starts off and these guys are happy to have a job. fast forward a couple weeks and they're pissed off at you because you're having fun and they're loading your heavy, craptastic bike. Saw this play out a thousand times when I lived in Mammoth. My suggestion is bribery, it works. that's why i offered to buy them the 12-pack in the first place.

none of you fukcers have a cable cutter? what a bunch of pvssies. :monkeydance:

Abstrakt51

Monkey
Oct 11, 2006
OC
You both suck. Have fun, tear it up, and take plenty of pics and vids.

I'll be @ Vegas celebrating my 9 year anniversary w/ the B. Can you say, Thunder down Under?

W4S

Turbo Monkey
Mar 2, 2004
Back in Hell A, b1thces
where did you find that picture? Colin bailey isn't an 'official' trail, it would be kinda hard for them to close a trail that doesn't even exist.

besides, the sign says lower fall line. this was probably for a USMC training day. I'm going up on Saturday so I guess I'll find out.

Last edited:

blender

Monkey
Oct 19, 2006
MDR
wow fellas.. what a weekend!!
CPT is a fuking wheel destroyer

big jumps, big berms, beer, crepes, meat and bear boards = recipe for madness.

Nags, how was Mammoth?

kazlx

Patches O'Houlihan
Aug 7, 2006
Tustin, CA
We got the chance to throw in a little parking lot shadetree mechanic action....to make for a well-rounded trip...

dhmike

Turbo Monkey
Dec 20, 2006
Boise Idaho
Tied up that weekend for a wedding or I would be all over it.

Anybody up for SS this Sunday?
hell's yeah i'm down .i was talking to dirty about ss saturday and he has to work on sat. and we were going to head up maybe sunday , but if i tell him your down for sunday he'll most likely be there.i think it might rain up there sunday though.

marlopez

Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
West LA
hey guys i've been out of the loops. i've been so swamped with work the past couple months i haven't had time to ride. i'm thinking about selling my bike. do you or anyone you know have a need for a new bike? yeti 4x needs a good home

blender

Monkey
Oct 19, 2006
MDR
hey guys i've been out of the loops. i've been so swamped with work the past couple months i haven't had time to ride. i'm thinking about selling my bike. do you or anyone you know have a need for a new bike? yeti 4x needs a good home
sad :disgust1:
how much you want for it?

tgreathead

Monkey
Jan 14, 2005
Los Angeles
I refuse to let you sell it. I will handcuff you to the bars when you're not looking.

marlopez

Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
West LA
you know what...i thought about it some more. and i probably won't sell it...i just need to ride more. i need to wake up earlier on the weekends and ride with all of you again.

Jul 7, 2008
I would absolutely love to. I'm kinda restricted to the greater LA/SFV area at the moment due to my truck being a POS. Big Bear might be doable tho! I'm going to Xgames Fri & Sat but Sunday is a ride day.

Last edited:

kazlx

Patches O'Houlihan
Aug 7, 2006
Tustin, CA
Just so you guys know..... I <3 N*....I know, I know, crack kills....but you really can't get the full effect of the beautiful colors without it.

Last edited: