Quantcast

XC ride pix

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
Snacks said:
Oh man, you were right....that place looks hella awsome :cool:

Glad to see you got your computer figured out :)
Yah my computer has been blowing up alot lately....:rolleyes: :p

i'm definately gonna come back and ride this trail again, it's not too far away, a 2 hour drive to the trailhead from Seattle. Just a little north of Shelton. Worth the trip at least once or twice a year. :)
Serial Midge is only an hour away, he's stoked now he has another cool trail close to him to ride.

Dave_Schuldt

Monkey
Jun 13, 2004
Seattle
This sound right?

Driving Directions: Take Hwy 101 to the Skokomish Valley road, which is halfway between Shelton and Hoodsport. Go West on the Skokomish Valley Road for approximatly 5 miles to Forest Service Road #23. Turn right on #23, and stay with it for 9 miles until #2353. Turn right on #2353, stay with it for a mile, cross a bridge, and the trailhead is just up ahead on your left.
Statistics
Distance: 22 mi r/t
Time: 1-2d
Elevation Gain in: 650 ft
Elevation Gain out: 250 ft
Trailhead Elevation: 800 ft
Maximum Elevation: 1200 ft

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
DBR X6 RIDER said:
Did you stop some passing wildlife to take the group photo for you?:)
Yes the huge owl we met was nice enough to stop what he was doin for a second and take a snapshot of us. Turned out great!

MUTOLI

Air Monkey
Mar 14, 2004
PNW
Did you go to the Purdy Canyon Drive-in (right off of Skok. Valley on 101) after for grub? They have really good shakes and burgers there!!! Yummy.

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
MUTOLI said:
Did you go to the Purdy Canyon Drive-in (right off of Skok. Valley on 101) after for grub? They have really good shakes and burgers there!!! Yummy.
DOH! NOW YOU TELL ME!!#$!@)$!

No we stopped for flautas and quesadillas at some Mexi joint off of Railroad.

MUTOLI

Air Monkey
Mar 14, 2004
PNW
Skookum said:
DOH! NOW YOU TELL ME!!#$!@)$!

No we stopped for flautas and quesadillas at some Mexi joint off of Railroad.
Don't worry...they have been there forever, and I'm sure they aren't going anywhere! The chocholate Malt is the best!!! :oink: :oink:

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
Acadian said:
nice pics Skookums!! you like the G6?
Yes sir! i had some pictures not turn out but that was my fault and not the cameras. i'm having a good time learning the camera and i'm stoked i've got some good shots to share.

Bullitrider

Monkey
Apr 17, 2004
Seattle
Next time you ride the river bring your fish gun! I like the fact you can get out farther than most want to hike and find the prime holes noone fishes. There is one river/trail in particular that has great fishing but you'll have to find it yourselves! :blah:

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
Bullitrider said:
Next time you ride the river bring your fish gun! I like the fact you can get out farther than most want to hike and find the prime holes noone fishes. There is one river/trail in particular that has great fishing but you'll have to find it yourselves! :blah:
i fish for free on my rez, but only to kick it with family mostly. otherwise fishing bores me to tears.
But you are right, the combo of fishing and riding you can easily find the prime spots beyond all the gated roads. Just don't crash on your catch on the way out. :D

Dave_Schuldt

Monkey
Jun 13, 2004
Seattle
So I rode it yesterday. Thanks for the info, it's a great trail! Forgot forest pass but it's so far out of the way I don't think they ever check. Maybe they check in the summer when they have more staff. Didn't make it all the way to the end but still got 4 hours of riding.

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
Dave_Schuldt said:
So I rode it yesterday. Thanks for the info, it's a great trail! Forgot forest pass but it's so far out of the way I don't think they ever check. Maybe they check in the summer when they have more staff. Didn't make it all the way to the end but still got 4 hours of riding.
Yah i saw your pix on the BBTC site.
As far as the forest passes, they are way understaffed i'm sure, but word around the campfire is they don't really push enforcement too early in the year, but that should change soon.
Yah if you like that trail, you should check out Lower Dungeness/Gold Creek trail up in Sequim. The Gold Creek section is pretty much all downhill so it's better than Skokomish in that it provides more gravity, but Skokomish by itself is just as scenic and a better XC trail than Dungeness hands down.
i'm tryin to kick this stupid bronchitis so i just tooled around Sawyer for a bit then went for a quick hike at Middle Fork Snoqualmie. i can't wait to ride that trail, tie that in with the CCC what a nice long ride.