Quantcast

XC Riders forum?

R

RideMonkey

its the lounge for the most part.

Racing, 24 hour, tech talk, and mechanics Q&A cover a lot of it too.

The DH forum is certainly not all DH, its just where the DH oriented people hang.

WTGPhoben

Monkey
Apr 21, 2002
One of them Boston suburbs
if you gave us a forum we wouldn't feel homeless and wander into the DH forum where we would be tempted to do crazy things like jump off of walls. then the DHers wouldn't have any cool crash pics. and we wouldn't want that... or anything like this to be lost from the RM communtiy.

(insert preachy voice for next paragraph)

We as XC lovers must accept the fact that our purpose on RM is to wander aimlessly from MRP chainguide to MRP chainguide, wondering occasionally why anyone would try to make a chainguide by melting down a bunch of nalgene bottles into a big fat disc and then try to compete with MRP and at odd intervals forget that we are NEVER meant to be airborne just in time for our DH and freeride buddies to get out their cameras.

right so we were talknig about an XC forum? sure, why not.

splat

Nam I am
I mean you give one to Roadie's (which they Most definatly deserve ! ) . It just seams like this site really caters to the DH's Nothing against them, I enjoy watching them, But I am not going to be some some of that stuff ,I'm Too old, have wife kids to worry about, But I get out there several time a week and love to ride around the trails.
and Look in the northeast forum , Toshi , pretty much has made his own forum ( which is pretty cool ! ) , I relly don't think we are asking for that much!

R

RideMonkey

Uhm if I put XC in the name of the Mountain Bikers Lounge would it make a difference?

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
You XC types should take over the Rocky Mountain forum. :eek: :D

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
DH, XC, roadies....waht's the difference? We all ride bikes, and that is the underlying concept behind ridemonkey.

The Lounge is just fine the way it is. :D That's where us XC nerds hang.

The Toninator

Muffin
Jul 6, 2001
High(ts) Htown
Originally posted by I Are Baboon
DH, XC, roadies....waht's the difference? We all ride bikes, and that is the underlying concept behind ridemonkey.

No! no xc for you! you are here by banished to the tricycle forum.:devil:

NRSracer

Jamis Slayer
Sep 7, 2001
Baltimore
Originally posted by The Toninator

No! no xc for you! you are here by banished to the tricycle forum.:devil:
how bout a bike car forum? (the little ad in the back of different mountainbiking mags)

you know they come in 1, 2, and 4 seaters?

T

Tenaciousle0

Originally posted by I Are Baboon

Hell yeah

Orvan

Mar 5, 2002
Califor-N.I.A.
Originally posted by ruckerz
The DH people get to have one.. can the XC people share in the fun?
we discuss xc issues and stuff in the South America forum....and related schtuff... you're welcome to participate.. Yesterday's hottest thread was "who can name the most XC specific tires"

:devil:

LostBoyScout

Monkey
Jul 28, 2002
Vancouver BC
I agree with both sides - yes, there is already forums that relates to XC, but on the other hand, none of them are really XC forums so there's nowhere that you can definitely call the place to go for XC

SO...

What about adding a dedicated OffTopic forum, thus cleaning the OT posts out of Mountain Bikers Lounge, and turning that into the everything-but-DH-etc Forum?

:)

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
I personally like the Mt. Bikers Forum, and the Regional, I am in the minority being i like riding xc, dh, some o.o.b. stuff. I really dig riding up in the mountains and hittin the singletrack whatever the terrain. I think the Forum is a great place for the Potpourri of mt. bikers across the internet to wiegh in on bikeys and gives me the illusion that they all ride like i do everything. I dont race myself but my freind raced and that's when i first noticed a rift in the Xc'ers and Dh'ers. I still see it from time to time even traces of it here, and it's soo friggin high school. I'd personally like the forums to stay as generic as possible. Cuz people are doing to bikin like they do to music. Oh that's Portland rock, and that's old school punk, or that's industrial gothic thrash or whatever. We're all just people who ride mt. bikes nothing more or less, we go fast, we go slow and take pictures, we ride over logs, we bunny hop over them, we drop down a chute or we strain to ride up a 3000 ft. elevation gain in 6miles. We all love riding.