Quantcast

XC State Racing Series?

Austinboy

Chimp
Feb 9, 2010
We have TMBRA.ORG running race XC series in Texas.

Winner of the series is state champion.

Does North Carolina have anything like this?

Or, on calendar listing all xc races in the state?

Might be moving to NC this spring.

Metal Dude

Turbo Monkey
Apr 7, 2006
Smackdonough, GA
NC has alot of good racing going on. Check out the SERC at goneriding.com
only 2-3 NC races but all the others are in the SE on Epic race courses.
This guy puts on the best ran events around as well.

Last edited:

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
We have TMBRA.ORG running race XC series in Texas.

Winner of the series is state champion.

Does North Carolina have anything like this?

Or, on calendar listing all xc races in the state?

Might be moving to NC this spring.
Most of the stuff in the Western part of the state has shifted to "epics", stage races, endurance or just plain fun, depending on your fitness. Charlotte has a whole series of weekday XC races. It's going to depend on what part of the state you move to.

Here are some examples:

www.blueridgeadventures.net
That's Todd Branham's event/races. The first one, the ORAMM, is the biggie and one most people do.

http://www.pisgahproductions.com
The biggest of these 3 is the middle one, "PMBAR".

There is lots and lots of XC racing of every sort imaginable in NC and since we're a nice, skinny, long state...VA, SC, TN, and GA are usually 1-2 drives away for more.

brado1

Monkey
Jan 2, 2008
G'Vegas SC

Maxxis Southern Classic Series North & South Cakalacki

2010 Schedule of Events

March 21 Hobby Park, Winston Salem, NC
March 28 Uwharrie, Troy, NC
April 11 Tsali Knobscorcher, Bryson City, NC
April 18 Harbison State Forest Mountain Bike Trail Columbia, SC
May 2 Stump Jump, Spartanburg, SC
May 23 Riverfront Classic, Charlotte, NC
June 6 Caraway Hills MTB Race, Sophia, NC
June 13 Angler's Ridge, Danville, VA
June 20 Clemson, Clemson, SC
July 18 Sizzler, Greensboro, NC
August 7 & 8 Fontana Village, NC
August 15 Dark Mountain, North Wilkesboro, NC

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
Yep, between the Southern Classic series, the SERC series, and all that Charlotte has going on, there is a ton of xc racing around here.
Starting in late April, Charlotte has Wednesday evening races every week through early September on 4 different courses they alternate on.
I am going to do a few xc races this year, because life just does not kick my ass enough on a daily basis.:think:

Trilliamiano

Monkey
Oct 7, 2007
Boone, NC
Yep, between the Southern Classic series, the SERC series, and all that Charlotte has going on, there is a ton of xc racing around here.
Starting in late April, Charlotte has Wednesday evening races every week through early September on 4 different courses they alternate on.
I am going to do a few xc races this year, because life just does not kick my ass enough on a daily basis.:think:
yea It looks like I'm gonna get my a*s kicked around a couple of times this summer too! Tryin to get into XC shape to chase down the Omnium title at next years Collegiate Nats! Those Charlotte races are always fun, I'm gonna try to hit the Uwharrie race in the Maxxis serries on March 28th. The trails in Uwharrie are super fun, with some sections that realy play into my DH expertise:rofl:

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
yea It looks like I'm gonna get my a*s kicked around a couple of times this summer too! Tryin to get into XC shape to chase down the Omnium title at next years Collegiate Nats! Those Charlotte races are always fun, I'm gonna try to hit the Uwharrie race in the Maxxis serries on March 28th. The trails in Uwharrie are super fun, with some sections that realy play into my DH expertise:rofl:
And maybe those guys will have a "test" trail open for DH.;)