Quantcast

XCL or FRX

.Pit Steelers.

Nostradumbass
Jun 18, 2006
Hawaii
So with me looking to get a new hub soon im also looking at a new rim to go along with it. Im gonna bite the bullet with a nice new profile hub but im not sure as for the rim. Right now i have an extra FRX that has not been laced because it was to be used as a replacement for my supa heavy D-Tracks on the big bike but only the front has been replaced leaving me with one extra...For now atleast.. But i really dont feel like i need something as stong as the FRX on my jumpin bike. So im looking at the XCL? Anyone got any time on it? How ever im 200# and looking to gain more so im not so sure.

.Pit Steelers.

Nostradumbass
Jun 18, 2006
Hawaii
498g for the XCL vs 639 for the FRX both 26in according to the Arrow site. So not to big but big enough to notice im sure. Really i dont think im that hard on wheels anyways only one taco...Well Explosion.

.Pit Steelers.

Nostradumbass
Jun 18, 2006
Hawaii
Whoops! I forgot i am gonna put the FRX in the back for sure but im not sure if i want one in the front. Actully im not even sure if i want the FRX in the back. Im not sure!

climbingbubba

Monkey
May 24, 2007
the FRX are bomber, i have them on my urban bike. the weights are way off on their website. i think the claimed for the FRX in 24's was 540 or something close to that and the actual on two different digital scales was 620. thats a huge difference. that being said you are kind of heavy and unless your really smooth i would go with the FRX atleast in the rear.

you could look into atomlab rims. get a pimp for the back and a pimplite for the front.