Quantcast

XFly Help!?

jodysbike

wheel man
Oct 11, 2001
Dune
I have a 2000 XFly 100mm. The ones with the air valves down near the brake post.
Anyway, the valve on the left (disc side) has gone bad and will not release air or let me fill it. The shops in this area have no motivation at all to help me get a new valve. Anyone know of a shop or mail order, that can help fast? Maybe have the parts in stock?

Also I heard of a guy who installed a spring swap setup from a Z3 in his right leg keeping the damping cartridge in the bottom. And an ECC from a 2002 xfly in the left keeping the that side air. He claimed it gave all the performance found in all of Marzocchi's line in one package.:confused: Is this really possible? I had heard that Marzocchi was planning on making an ECC kit for the 2000 xfly but haven't seen anythig yet.

R.T.

Chimp
Nov 23, 2001
Everywhere
If I remember correctly, the 00' X-flys had schrader valves before going to the adapter specific ones on 01'-02' X-flys. If those valves are the schrader type then just get a valve core puller and either replace the valve core or just clean up the one you have. Might be an easy fix without having to send the fork to Marz. The 00' X-flys I've seen have been nothing but problems across the board(many other things besides clogged valves). I used to have 01' 100mm X-fly that was a amazing xc fork, not one real problem and took everything you could throw at it.

I don't know if any of those retro kits will work with a 00' fork. I know with the 01' and 02' you can put springs in and do a air assist/coil fork that works well and gives a better feel on the small stuff.

jodysbike

wheel man
Oct 11, 2001
Dune
Originally posted by R.T.
If those valves are the schrader type then just get a valve core puller and either replace the valve core or just clean up the one you have. Might be an easy fix without having to send the fork to Marz.
I don't know why I didn't think about that!:rolleyes: I'll pull the valve and replace it tomorrow. Hopefully it will work.

jodysbike

wheel man
Oct 11, 2001
Dune
Originally posted by R.T.
The 00' X-flys I've seen have been nothing but problems across the board(many other things besides clogged valves). I used to have 01' 100mm X-fly that was a amazing xc fork, not one real problem and took everything you could throw at it.

I don't know if any of those retro kits will work with a 00' fork. I know with the 01' and 02' you can put springs in and do a air assist/coil fork that works well and gives a better feel on the small stuff.
I havn't had any problems untill now. It holds air well.

The one reason I didn't think the retro kits would work is cause mine is a Z1 with the damping cartridge in each leg.

Only problem I've had is the holes in the crown to make it lighter. They make the fork pretty flexy so the bike is hard to handle in heavy mud or rooty trail.