Quantcast

XMas Charity BMX Bikes.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
I got notified of a couple more donations today from people I've provided the link to - hope they're not too late for you.

blackohio

Generous jaywalker
Mar 12, 2009
Hellafornia. Formerly stumptown.
Might not add up to another bike, but we can use the $$ to get stuff like bike pumps, tubes etc for the kids.

I'll probably kill the link tonight just so theres not anything coming after the fact since we'll be delivering stuff tomorrow.

kazlx

Patches O'Houlihan
Aug 7, 2006
Tustin, CA
Took me forever to get home, since CalTrans closed the freakin freeway last night. Dropped off the bikes this morning. The ladies at Big Brothers were so stoked. The Bigs picked up the bikes this afternoon and will be giving them to their littles. 5 boys and one girl. Hoping there are some good pics of bikes being delivered!

kazlx

Patches O'Houlihan
Aug 7, 2006
Tustin, CA
Yea buddy. I'm hoping we can put together something sweet for the kids to ride. It would be cool to see them out and enjoying the bikes.

Last edited:

blackohio

Generous jaywalker
Mar 12, 2009
Nope. I was in a rush to get back to a meeting. They shot some but I'm not sure how quick I'll get them. I hope your not still insinuating with that question that this whole thing is somehow still a possible scam.

kazlx

Patches O'Houlihan
Aug 7, 2006
Tustin, CA
Big Brothers kind of regulates interaction with the kids. The bikes I dropped off they had the Bigs pick up and give to the kids. I know one kid got his already and the other ones should be getting theirs.

My office is closed this week, so it may be a little bit before I get some pics. The lady also said not all the kids have press release waivers so they aren't allowed to release photos of the kids.

blackohio

Generous jaywalker
Mar 12, 2009
Im talking with pinkbike/sharetheride (gasp! sorry B.V.) about their share the ride program and doing one locally. That would mean potentially much greater access to funds, prizes for donors (not that it mattered to you guys last year, but hey!) and the ability to buy more bikes, for a great spread of ages and the ability to do an event to give kids the bikes, maybe get a demo going and some grub.

Hopefully I'll have good news there.

blackohio

Generous jaywalker
Mar 12, 2009
So here's the good news. I'll be working with Share The Ride to set-up a socal event to deliver bikes to kids this christmas. Going big this year!

If this sounds like something you might like to read about or donate to, heres a link http://www.pinkbike.com/sharetheride

Last year they raised $41,000 to give kids bikes. Hopefully this year we can crush that. So if you want to donate please do so, if you want to help but cant donate please share this link. If your new to my friends list. Last year I decided to give some kids with Big Brothers Big Sisters Ventura bikes for christmas. Thanks to all your kindness I raised enough to deliver 13 bikes and helmets to kids.

If you are industry and want to help looking for helmets and locks as well this year.

Thanks!!

blackohio

Generous jaywalker
Mar 12, 2009
Little update about this years. Getting involved with PB we'll (here in cali) to BB/BS be giving 13 kids bikes, helmets and Shimano is donating a fishing rod/reel to each kid as well as hosting the event where we give the kids their bikes.